Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double data contract offer issue

kevans
Level 1: Joiner
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I recently took out a new contract with o2 with the double data offer. 6gb for the price of 3gb. However it shows I've got a 3gb free bolt on which is on top of any allowance but it doesn't seem to be working as it's says I've got 2.85gb of 3gb. My allowance should be 6gb. I have phoned customer service who say I do have 6gb but it's only showing 3gb. It's a known issue and they are looking into sorting it. Fair enough but they couldn't give me a time frame. They said if I run out just call up and they will add 3gb for free but it's hassle calling them. Takes ages just getting past the automated service.
Anyone else have this issue or any info on it?
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Apologies @kevans, we just got the confirmation that the process will take longer than expected. Unfortunately, we can’t speed that up but they are on it and it should be done by the end of the week for everyone.

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 11 of 20

kevans
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok Thanks mercdesS for keeping me updated. What exactly is the issue as to why its taking so long to fix? just asking out of curiosity

Message 12 of 20

kevans
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5the other guy with the same issue used all his 3gb of data and it never applied the bolt on. o2 said to me it will either add the bolt, or my data will just keep going or it won't add the bolt on and i will have to call up. lol but they are looking into a fix.

I did say to them its not easy phoning o2 with the automated service now but i did figure out after a couple of calls saying to the computer on the other end of phone "cancel" got me through to someone pretty quick. The computer never understood "problem with contract" or anything i tried saying. It either wanted to pay a bill or add a bolt on.

Message 13 of 20

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

@kevans wrote:

ok Thanks mercdesS for keeping me updated. What exactly is the issue as to why its taking so long to fix? just asking out of curiosity

I wish I knew more @kevans Destroy All we know is that it will take "some time" to update all the database, but you will get it fixed by Friday [and hopefully before that]! 

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 14 of 20

kevans
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just checked and still no change? has there been any update on this issue?

Message 15 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I honestly don't expect the bolt on to kick in until you have used up your first 3gb.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 20

kevans
  • 18 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

All fixed. Showing 6gb now. Thanks 

Message 17 of 20

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good to know you don't have to wait until the first 3gb are used. Thanks for the update ☺️

Message 18 of 20

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Thanks for letting us know.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 20

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Glad to hear! Wave

Message 20 of 20