cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct debit issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have a payment due tomorrow but thanks to my employer my wages wont be going in until thursday ( 6 days late ) does anyone know if i can just ring up and pay by card? thought it worth asking before i call and wait on hold for ages 

thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Check your account in the next few days as the system will flag this as a default due to dd been refused.
I fear this wasn't the best solution here but hopefully it will work out OK for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's too close now to change/stop the DD.
Best advice would be to pay cash into your bank account to cover the DD going out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would suggest ringing customer service on 202 to advise them of the situation ,and they will give you your available options.
Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If this was me personally...I would, as previously stated, use the card to get money into my bank asap.

It's ok ringing CS, as long as their communication network is good enough to deal with everything immediately.

I doubt, in this short space of time, they would be able to do anything about the DD slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
The DD is requested 6 days before payment is taken.
It's of no use to anyone to call CS unless you want the same answer from them wink

Currently using:
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Please let us know how you got on with this @Anonymous

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply guys!

Called the bank and the DDs are taken a day before the due date BUT they were able to put them on "hold" ( so just this once they wont be payed ) and have paid by card 

Thanks! 

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good result.

Hope it all settles down for you and give your boss a gentle nudge on what's happened.

Also if you can and disposable funds permitting try to leave an amount in your account as a slush fund as a just in case.

slight_smile
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Check your account in the next few days as the system will flag this as a default due to dd been refused.
I fear this wasn't the best solution here but hopefully it will work out OK for you.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9