Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did a SIM swap due to periodic "No Service" ..now not getting SMS :/

lanceuppercut
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As per the title, did a SIM swap (iPhone 5s) to another nano SIM on Friday.

However I've noticed that I'm having problems getting SMS messages with this new one.  I know I'm missing messages as they appear in Tu Go.  It's been 4 days now with this new SIM. 

Shall I go for another SIM swap?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
You will have to try another sim then I guess if that doesn't work I would say it's something with the phone

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ring cs first to see if it's something at their end.
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds more like a signal or service issue I doubt the new sim is faulty it could be but unlikely
Message 3 of 13

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Something odd is going on, the o2 support guy had me try to reset my message sending number using **5005*7672*07802092035# which didn't work. 

A quick google suggests a different number should be used (+447802000332) as I'm on an simplicity contract.

Messages come in, but they are super delayed so I can't trust that I'm getting messages when I should be.

Message 4 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
Message centre numbers are as below and must be entered exactly as written:
+447802000332 for Pay Monthly
or
+447802092035 for Pay & Go
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
The number you found on google is the correct one for all pay monthly so if they can't sort it their end maybe you might have to try a new sim seems weird though
Message 6 of 13

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I can send out to another o2 phone (my work one) using the "..332" center number but when replying to that text, nothing.

Message 7 of 13

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is what I'm seeing at the moment:

Personal phone texts work "aaa" = arrives immediately

Work phone texts personal "bbb" = nothing after waiting for a minute

Work phone texts personal "ccc" = "bbb" message arrives and shortly after "ccc" arrives

It seems the message only arrives once another one comes in and gives it a kick up the bum else the "bbb" message would've arrived on it's own.

Message 8 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions
An obvious one but worth checking that you haven't accidentally enabled "do not disturb" have you? (Half moon symbol on top of screen).....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 13

lanceuppercut
  • 81 Posts
  • 16 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am not, plus DND mode on the iPhone only suppresses the notifications not the messages themselves and I'm in the messages app at the time of this testing.

Message 10 of 13