cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deteriorating signal

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the last few years my o2 signal has been great at home, inside and out.

For the last few months, it has been rubbish at best, unusable at worst. Coverage map shows it should be excellent. Have tried multiple phones and switching to GSM only. TU GO is not a solution (tried it and the combined delay and volume issues make it a no go). O2 simply say "You are in an excellent coverage area). No new buildings between me and masts.

Any suggestions/thoughts/ideas?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

First thing would be to get a new SIM - go to your local store and they'll sort it on the spot, alternatively you can order online and 'swap' once it arrives - can take up to 24 hours but usually the new SIM will be active within 20 mins.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It may also be a mast there have been a few reports lately of faulty masts that O2 do not know about some have taken a complaint to get them to admit it
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
There are many masts getting upgraded at the moment so some will be shut down whilst work is ongoing. Should only be a few days at most. It's all in preparation for 4g.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
There are many masts getting upgraded at the moment so some will be shut down whilst work is ongoing. Should only be a few days at most. It's all in preparation for 4g.

plus the o2/vodafone mast sharing agreement

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All.

Thanks for the suggestion however, it's the same for anybody here and I have a new sim. O2 say no work going on and all masts covering area OK.

Just can't work out why the signal WAS good for years and is now rubbish on smartphones, feature phones, old phones, new phones etc etc

Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144171 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
As a quick test. Switch off 3G so you are just running GSM only and see if you get a good signal. This would then indicate a lack of 3G in your area and would help with trouble shooting. What is your postcode?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I said in op, have tried gsm only without any change. Its not just my phone. Its anybody on o2 that comes here. New sims,new phones, old phones, other peoples phones, it is definitely a "service" issue.
David
Message 8 of 8