Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Denied 02 switch up

Russ7
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am looking for advice. I have just tried to switch up in store and got an error stating "you have reached the maximum number of pay monthly contracts allowed at any one time". I have seven lines on my account, have been with o2 for a very long time and have never failed to pay a bill. My query is that I am not adding a new contract line, but rather upgrading. Any

advice?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148932 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28445 Solutions

@Russ7 

Same thing happened to someone else with no resolution as yet.

It will need a system override if you can find someone capable or raise a complaint.

Note that complaints are taking a long time to get a response from, due to the amount they are having to deal with.

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

make a complaint

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 10

Russ7
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Further clarification: I have a phone, tablet and watch. My wife has a phone and watch (device paid so just airtime)and our three children have tablets.

I am switching up from a s23 ultra 256gb with £919 outstanding and to be covered by switch up, and tried for a pixel 9 pro fold. I do not believe this is  credit check issue as I passed the affordability check and did not get to the credit check session. The message read "as well as credit checks, we use business policies to make decisions" and went on to say I had reached the limit for pay monthly contracts. The store raised a complaint via helix/four letters I forget, but I do not expect to hear anything. Why am I paying for a switch up I cannot use?! Why was I not warned when I took out my last contract?! I wouldn't have taken out my last contract (Sons ipad) if I knew it would stop me switching up. It's ridiculous!

Message 3 of 10

MJH1
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had exactly the same issue and it seems that O2 cannot resolve it. Very frustrating and disappointing 

Message 4 of 10

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38247 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@MJH1 wrote:

I have had exactly the same issue and it seems that O2 cannot resolve it. Very frustrating and disappointing 

Yip. Switch Up has been a hot topic since inception here on the forum, @MJH1 

As a search shows:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=Switch-up&noSynonym=false&page=3&sort_...

Message 5 of 10

MJH1
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just rang O2 again and it will not even let them try and place the order now. It must be something to do with the recent errors.

They advised to go to an O2 store.

I am going to raise a complaint.

If I raise enough enthusiasm to visit the store I’ll post the outcome - doubt they’ll be able to resolve the issue. 

Message 6 of 10

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38247 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

If you get an agent in the store who is versed with Switch Up, it seems easier, @MJH1 - some have had to try at 2 or 3 stores before finding someone able to navigate O2's creaking back-end systems... Good luck!

Message 7 of 10

MJH1
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you

Message 8 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11370 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

To be honest there is nothing the stores can do when Switch Up is broken, it needs to be fixed by the back end teams, and as I have said in other threads it needs to be done via a complaint, with as much information on the email as possible..

This seems to be the only way to get anything to do with SwitchUp fixed, from personal experience...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 9 of 10

MJH1
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’ve sent the below through to the complaints department. We update when/if I get a response.

Dear O2,

Thank you for taking the time to read my email.

I have been having issues Switching Up my phone, Mobile Number 123456789

I have been trying to Switch Up to the IPhone 15 ProMax Black Titanium 256gb.

On the 25 August 2024 I tried to use the Switch Up service via my account online. Everything seemed to go through until the very last stage where I got an error message saying ‘maximum number of pay monthly accounts reached’ or similar.

On the 30 August 2024 I tried to complete the Switch Up via online chat. Again, the agent got the same error message and could not go through with the order.
I then contact you via 202, again the agent did everything he could (gave me some deals on my other lines), but could not complete the Switch Up. I really believe he tried everything possible. The same error message again.

On the 01 September I called 202 again to highlight this issue, I spoke to an agent who sort of insisted I went through the ordering process again. He was blocked from even trying to place the order. The agent advised I visit a store, I cannot see how this would make a difference.

I am quite upset and really disappointed by all of this and wonder if there is anything you can do to help. I have noticed that there are other O2 members having the same issue recorded on the O2 Community page. 

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Kind regards
Message 10 of 10