cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default and no one to help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having recently applied for a mortgage, it has been brought to my attention that there is a default that sits on my file from o2 for the Princely sum of £22! 

A month ago I began the process of trying to contact the illusive credit file referrals team, a mythical department that obviously exists, somewhere between reality and fantasy... Having failed after numerous emails to reach this department, I then escalated my issue to o2 complaints! This department too, seems to share an office with the magical, mystical credit file referrals team.

Two weeks later I was still waiting for a reply or even a small sign that these people exist yet nothing!

Not to be deterred I then emailed the almighty Complaint Review Service, a body so powerful that not even the lowly people of credit referral town could ignore their wrath, or so you would think. Yet another 2 weeks has passed, my mortgage slips ever further away and there is no one from o2 to be seen or heard.

While I am being flippant about this whole episode, I am also amazed that an organisation as big and as proud as o2 can be so inept. You may not be able to help me remove this default, which, in all reality has been placed there by mistake and for such a small amount, mistake or not, can hardly be deemed a suitable or a morally fair outcome for such a small amount, mistakingly not paid (at worse) by a loyal and longstanding customer.

I shall now resort to the power of social media to try to get someone to engage with me over this matter and to try to get this issue resolved so that my family and me can get a fair deal to buy the home we deserve.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good news and well done. Thank god someone took the responsibility to correct things. Thanks for the update @Anonymous

Message 11 of 11