cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage in USA

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I've been in Norway for the past three weeks and enjoying using my data for just £1.99 a day. I've never had any worry about using too much data while I've been here.

I'll be travelling to NYC in a couple of weeks. Do O2 offer any good bolt ons for data usage in the US? I could not find any on the website... In fact the only thing I found regarding data usage outside of Europe was that it would cost £6 per MB. This seems absurdly high. Surely I am looking in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance!

Aaron

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93225 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Nope, it's £6/mb everywhere outside Europe and there are no bolt ons I'm afraid.  Unlock the phone and use EE or a local sim. Wifi is obviously the best option though. ...

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 93225 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Nope, it's £6/mb everywhere outside Europe and there are no bolt ons I'm afraid.  Unlock the phone and use EE or a local sim. Wifi is obviously the best option though. ...

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
This is what I do outside of EU (my phone is unlocked).
Install tugo on phone then remove o2 sim and insert Three payg sim. Top up three sim with £15 and buy the unlimited data bolt on.
Use the three sim for data (included upto 25gb when in USA) and also use your own number through tugo over the three data.
All it will cost you is the £15 top up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
  • 93225 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Sound advice and hopefully the op is pay monthly to take advantage of tugo.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yes, good point about tugo..
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems like a pretty cool solution. I'm a pay monthly O2 customer, but I've no idea if my phone is unlocked. I would assume it is locked as I purchased it through O2 and made no modifications so far. I'm not too familiar with the process of unlocking/locking or what it means for me. Will it cost me to unlock my phone?

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93225 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
There is a good chance your phone is locked but try another network sim card in it to to confirm......
It has to be EE, Three or a Voda sim though.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 8