cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data sharing between my iPhone and iPad Pro?

benfphillips
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all,

I've been an o2 customer for quite sometime, however I've only had the iPhone/Watch. I decided to pickup an iPad Pro yesterday and I recall reading somewhere in the past that you could share data between the devices on the account, much like the iphone and watch do.

It's probably unlikely that I would want to use the iPad somewhere without Wi-Fi but it would be nice to have if push came to shove and I needed internet access via the iPad. I just took the most basic plan of 1GB for the tablet due to my situation, however 1GB isn't going to go far in the event that I need to do some work via the iPad for example. It seems that you can also only change the tariff once per month, also it seems pointless to pay for a more expensive tariff all year around when I won't require it all of the time.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@benfphillips 

The easiest way would be to turn on the mobile hotspot on your phone and tether your iPad to it.

It will then use the data allowance from your phone tariff.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@benfphillips 

The easiest way would be to turn on the mobile hotspot on your phone and tether your iPad to it.

It will then use the data allowance from your phone tariff.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2