cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data protection breach and money taken!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have any of you experienced the same torrid time as I have with some £312 being taken from my account without authorisation or without ever having given my details to the company. I had a long winded dispute on my bill from AUGUST this year only being placed on the "sorted" list on 26th November this year. O2 decided on 29th November to clear £312 from my current account which I obviously called to check how this happened. I was told:
"This must have been an error and no money has been taken from your account" - holly was the telephone operative for reference .
Hey ho, today I find not only has the agreed payments for 62 and 40 been taken but the mysterious 312 that I was so reliably informed hadn't been taken.
My subsequent dispute with O2 led to a final conclusion of we don't know how this happened and we can only refund £252 of this as the other payment was in respect to your handset plan.
Two problems, how did the single payment to of 312 happen in the first place and if you cannot answer why this occurred why haven't you refunded the whole amount (after all I have a plan in place to clear current and old bills that has been agreed and paid).
I'm seeking to report this to the police and spent 30 minutes trying to find out who the company's data controller is so that i might log a complaint (as well as share with as many newspapers and consumer media that it can).
I am utterly repulsed at o2s inability to both manage my details and ensure we are not being ripped off by unscrupulous practices or primary school accounting.
Any ideas?
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Complaints link for you.
We are all customers so have no idea what's going on with your account. sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

@Anonymous this is a customer to customer forum. No one here has access to account information. Calling the police will get you nowhere. You need to go through the complaints procedure, starting here: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
Complaints link for you.
We are all customers so have no idea what's going on with your account. sorry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update. Have data controller as telephonic a Ltd, Arlington business Park, Leeds, West Yorkshire, ls11 0ne. Surprisingly for a telecoms provider no email?????????
Maybe a fault on that system too so have to resort to snail mail!
Message 4 of 14

jonsie
  • 93274 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

The first step should be making a complaint with all the facts. You've then got something to refer to.

Message 5 of 14

MI5
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
I'm obviously missing something here but good luck in getting it sorted out.
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Customer to customer....do you feel that his circumstance is worthy of continued pursuance of an appropriate and fair conclusion......I've used the complaints platform before and this took 3 months to sort with 8 admittedly accidental disconnections of my line. ...... I'm am beyond vexed and more than willing to govern contacting as many friends as I can in media city (manchester) to put across how this corporate behemoth treats people with less respect than a single cell organism!
Message 7 of 14

MI5
  • 146977 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions
We can't comment as we don't know the facts.
All we can advise is that you follow the official process.
Message 8 of 14

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23537 Posts
  • 1035 Topics
  • 3747 Solutions

If the description of your circumstance is accurate, then yes, by all means pursue it, but as stated earlier, there's nothing anyone here can do to help. Publicise it all you want, but you still have to go through the proper channels to complain.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well at least it is out there... and it would most certainly be less than appropriate to cast an opinion based on only a small proportion of the facts. As long as there is an electronic record of my displeasure I can safely state that there is a persobal psychological benefit to sharing the practices of this company.......and providing a good source of quote material if needed in the future!
Message 10 of 14