cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data outside of allowance on PAYG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand how this works. Last Friday O2 told me they'd given me 50 meg of data and took £1 from my PAYG balance. Is that data time limited or do I keep it until it's exhausted?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you exhaust your monthly tariff data allowance then you can add the bolt on via your MYo2.

This would activate when your normal data has exhausted. 

The bolt on comes with an anniversary date too.

So it will refresh on that date or you will receive  text advising you that you will need to remove the bolt on before a certain date if its no longer required.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

50mb for 24 hours

so £1 a day for 50mb it is called web daily

explained in the t&c

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-web-daily-web-daily-bolt-on-monthy-web-bolt...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you want to use o2 internet then it would be better cost wise to change your tariff and or add a bolt on.
Message 3 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you need to use data on a regular basis it would be cheaper to get a higher data allowance that will last the month.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 8

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

All data options and how to optin are in the t&c link I posted

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I get the picture now. 50 meg a day is way more than I need. It looks to me as if a 100 meg/month bolt-on would be best but how would that work with my current PAYG tariff which gives me 500meg for the month after I top up £10? I don't want the bolt-on for that month, only for the months thereafter until I top up again. Understand that I make very little use of my phone; only a handful of calls and texts each month and I only turn data on when there's no Wi-Fi available and even then only when I need to, eg, for Google Maps or to check e-mail. It's quite usual for me to top up only once in 3 months.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you exhaust your monthly tariff data allowance then you can add the bolt on via your MYo2.

This would activate when your normal data has exhausted. 

The bolt on comes with an anniversary date too.

So it will refresh on that date or you will receive  text advising you that you will need to remove the bolt on before a certain date if its no longer required.

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions