Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working outside UK

Joyjoy1970
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm from Belfast and for the last 12 or so years I've been on a 24 month contract at an average of £40 a month, well in June this year I switched to sim only pay monthly contract and from there everything has went south. First of all when ever I leave the UK (51 miles down the road) my data stops working  so have to ring o2 to get it sorted. Now I'm in Krakow for a short break and need my phone badly to keep contact with parents and kids well it has happened again now I have 3 phones on contract and the two that are affected are the ones that went to sim only. This is madness and when I get back to the UK I will be strongly considering changing networks, is this a cunning plan to get you to take a new phone every 2 years, then when you try to explain things to customer service you  get passed around like a rubber ball with the answer we will get back to you and you know they have that Forrest Gump look on there face,

ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Joyjoy1970 

If you are using an iPhone you may have the wrong data bolt on.

Change your data apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk" to check.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Joyjoy1970
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No Samsung s9

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Joyjoy1970 

There's no cunning plan to get you to upgrade.

I've been on sim only for years and never had a problem with data overseas.

It sounds like you may have a roaming bar on your account and I appreciate you've called customer services before, but you really do need to call again to get restrictions lifted.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4