cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data gone after number porting

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, this is my first post on the forum, I have only been an O2 customer for a few days. Today my phone number was ported from Virgin mobile to O2 which has been successful but when I log in to My O2 it says I have used up all my data. I am on a tariff with 5GB data with a free 15GB data bolt on, before the porting I still had loads of data available and had only used 5.4GB according to the data usage screen on my phone. I do hope someone can help me with this, 'tis a puzzlement to be sure! Thanks in advance, Charlie.
Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well it's clearly not as suggested then looking at those bill dates.
I would still see if it corrects overnight though as there have been changes on your account today, but if not, call customer service on 202 to get them to look at it for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Is it your bill date?
If so, your data allowance will renew at midnight.
There is always a slight misalignment when you first join for the first couple of days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
You have a pro rata amount for the initial few days. You get your full allowances when the first bill is produced. Your bill will be slightly higher than usual as those pro-rata days are added to it.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks both of you for such quick replies! My bill is dated 9th August and payment due on the 23rd, I did receive a text from O2 saying "You've used up all your inclusive data. But don't panic, you've still got some data left over from the last time you topped up. And remember, you can save data with O2 Wifi". This was when I used the 5GB but when I logged in to My O2 it showed the 15GB bolt on was still available.
Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well it's clearly not as suggested then looking at those bill dates.
I would still see if it corrects overnight though as there have been changes on your account today, but if not, call customer service on 202 to get them to look at it for you.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks MI5, I'll do that, hopefully it will sort itself out but if not I'll give them a call! I'll post what has happened tomorrow, thanks again, you've been most helpful!
Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No worries mate and welcome to the forum too slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks!
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi MI5, have just checked My O2, and the balance is restored, 15GB data is back! Thanks ever so much for your time and help, take care, Charlie.
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Great news and thanks for letting us know slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11