cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Error

Anonymous
Not applicable
02 messaged me to say I had used all of my inclusive data for this month. I get 2gb and it has only been 8 days. But I had apparently used 80% within 2 days and all of it within 5. According to my phone (which tracks my data usage) I have used 400mb. I spoke to 02 and was basically called a liar. Yet she couldn't tell me what the other 1.6gb was used on. Has anyone else had this problem?
I truly think 02 is ripping me off and it's making me consider changing to a new provider after 10 years of being an 02 customer.
All of my updates are done at home while connected to Wi-Fi and I barely use my phone while I'm out of the house.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
This used to happen fairly frequently with iPhones, but I've not heard of an issue with it for a while now.
I suggest a complaint if customer services can't give you a satisfactory answer
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
This used to happen fairly frequently with iPhones, but I've not heard of an issue with it for a while now.
I suggest a complaint if customer services can't give you a satisfactory answer
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Definitely complain so that O2 will investigate. Many threads on here about it and @MI5 had to change network because of this same issue. 

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I put in a complaint and have just spoken to someone who stated that their systems are never wrong and it is obviously my phone which has the error.
They also tried to convince me to double my data allowance to 4gb. They cannot tell me what the data was used on. Just that a used 1.5gb in 3 days. Which for someone who doesn't use their phone to stream anything, I don't play online games. The most I do is go on facebook. So using 1.5gb scrolling facebook seems a little extreme. Especially as 2 of the 3 days they gave were days that I would have been at work. Where my phone sits in a locker with no signal. To say I'm angry would be an understatement.
Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As jonsie has said, I had the same issue with one of my accounts which o2 failed to give me resolution for, so I moved to EE.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I wish you luck with this as we thought this particular issue had been sorted out. As for their systems never being wrong.... Pfft! 

Let us know how you get on. 

Message 6 of 6