cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPD Delivery Pin situation is an absolute joke.

Alexlw92
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As the title says, my experience just trying to take delivery of my new phone has been such a pain. I don't have access to my old phone as it's broken, so I provided 02 customer service with my partner's number and low and behold the delivery driver turns up today and the pin was sent to my number. 

I honestly don't understand why this pin can't be sent to an email address. This complete hassle has really put me off using 02 again.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11651 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3165 Solutions

@Alexlw92 

Not the first time we heard this and wont be the last, in future do it all in store.....

Simply because your email can be hacked, and email is not a guaranteed method of communication. and to be honest nor is SMS 

A lot of delivery and retailers are now using PIN numbers for delivery, including Amazon this is to stop lying customers from saying the haven't received there parcel

All these things should be done by Authenticator App and biometrics at the door. or a 8 digit passcode..

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8141 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1664 Solutions

Virgin are just as bad. Insist on sending me a document to an email address that has not been used in 6 years and which they can't find on file!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3