Did you mean: 

Credit declined

Adrenius
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

One week ago I tried to apply for a sim-only plan but the next day was emailed to say I failed the credit check. Perhaps foolishly I tried again and put through a new order for the same monthly plan as my first attempt was done on very unreliable internet and it took me multiple attempts to get through the process. However, I received yet another credit declined email. I promptly emailed the credit referrals department but have yet to hear anything. I am very confused as I have never been declined credit in the past and as far as I can tell my credit history/score is excellent.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Nothing anyone can do to help @Adrenius sorry.

It's O2's business decision and if they decline you, it's their right to do so without explanation.

All you can do is wait to see if you hear back from CFR.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Nothing anyone can do to help @Adrenius sorry.

It's O2's business decision and if they decline you, it's their right to do so without explanation.

All you can do is wait to see if you hear back from CFR.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Adrenius Too many failed attempts in succession will result in your check failing. The Credit Files Referrals department usually takes around 10 days to reply. You really need to leave it several weeks before you try again or the same thing will occur.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3