Did you mean: 

Credit check when upgrading from SIM only to Refresh

Sausagedog23
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I’ve had a SIM only tariff for around 15 months now, ordered on an 18 month contract but with an option to upgrade early to Refresh after several months. The MyO2 app says “Good news. You can upgrade today.” and has for many months now. 

I’m thinking of upgrading to a Refresh contract with a handset, but I am trying to find out if a credit check will take place? There are various older threads on here that suggest O2 will not perform a credit check so long as it’s a Refresh deal I go onto (and I’ve made all previous payments on that account on time). But the Terms and Conditions seem to suggest I need to be “eligible” and that part of that will be a credit check. 

Does anyone know what the current policy is? I haven’t missed or delayed any payments since taking out this account, but I’m trying to keep credit searches to a minimum at present. 

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Sausagedog23 

There are no credit checks on upgrades.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Sausagedog23 

There are no credit checks on upgrades.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Sausagedog23
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the speedy reply. 

Is this true even though I’m changing to a Refresh agreement with two parts to it; ie do they not need to conduct the check for the ‘handset’ portion of the deal?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Not that we are aware of.

It's been discussed on here before and the result has always been not to credit check upgrades.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4