Did you mean: 

Cooling off period enquiry

James52
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I joined o2 around 7th August On a sim only deal for £10pcm and due to the poor signal in my area, decided to end my contract within the 14 day cooling off period. 

I received my ‘immediate disconnection request’ email on the 11th August which has now also led to me not being able to access myO2 to speak to an advisor. 

O2 are still trying to charge me for the monthly bill of £10, despite me ending within my cooling off period and not using any of my allowance.

I have cancelled the direct debit as no amount was due to be taken and I am now receiving emails saying I need to contact the team to pay the outstanding balance, which shouldn’t even exist. 

I know these forums are monitored, so can someone confirm my account was cancelled within the cooling off period as per my termination email and why I am still being charged for a full month of allowance that was never used within the first 14 days of my contract? 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148832 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions

@James52 

O2 do not monitor the forum at all. It is a community forum of customers.

This looks like something you’d need to call O2’s customer service team about – give them a call on 202, 0344 809 0202, or specific payment management number 0800 902 0217 / 0800 032 5302
Thanks

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8987 Posts
  • 202 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

I would be extremely careful @James52 if you have cancelled your direct debit. If O2 perceive that you owe them money, they can be quite ruthless.

Possible actions include trashing your credit score and selling the perceived debt to a Debt Collection Agency for recovery.    

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 148832 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions

Too late now, hence the need to communicate with O2 about it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38218 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@James52 wrote:

I know these forums are monitored,

Interesting assertion, @James52,  corrected I trust by @MI5's exhortation above, and the encouragement to communicate with O2 directly. Good luck!

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 148832 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions

Not helped by the way customers are lead to believe this is customer services.

Something that needs to be changed, but won't be............

Message 6 of 8

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8987 Posts
  • 202 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Not helped by the way customers are lead to believe this is customer services.

Something that needs to be changed, but won't be............

Even it's placing on the O2 schedule of social media links is misleading :-

Oxonian_0-1724354799604.png

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 148832 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28443 Solutions

Exactly my point.

Message 8 of 8