Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract question

Mahjonglady
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning. You have just sent me a text to say my contract will come to an end and do I wish to renew it. I can't understand why this is the first time you have asked me in 4 years. I want to stay on the package I have at the moment. Have you asked me because on Tuesday I purchased a new phone from you?  Regards Mary Davies.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145113 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

As of 15 February 2020, all broadband, phone, pay-TV and mobile phone providers are now required to notify customers when their contract is about to expire. This lets customers know that they can start shopping around for a better deal.

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/guides/end-of-contract-notifications-broadband-and-mobile/#:~:text=A....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6814 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

The text is suspicious. There are a lot of spam texts around at the moment 

Block and forward to 7726 AND DONT FOLLOW ANY LINKS

Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

I would also advise removing your number. This is an open forum and the sort of place spammers could use to pick up information

Use the arrow at the top right of your post and select edit

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

Enlli
  • 6814 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

*flagged

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 145113 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@Mahjonglady 

This is now a requirement as specified by OFCOM.

Service providers must advise customers when contracts are coming to an end so they may shop around for a better deal, if required.

If you're happy and don't want to change, just do nothing.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 6

Enlli
  • 6814 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

We shall see. Mine ends in 21 days

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 145113 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

As of 15 February 2020, all broadband, phone, pay-TV and mobile phone providers are now required to notify customers when their contract is about to expire. This lets customers know that they can start shopping around for a better deal.

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/guides/end-of-contract-notifications-broadband-and-mobile/#:~:text=A....

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 6 of 6