Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract cancellation impossible

Joannemcd
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hay everyone, please help. I have been travelling since Jan and have been paying for my contract since it ran out on the 24th of Sept. I've tried cancelling it loads but as I'm living in New Zealand and it costs a fortune to ring and since leaving home I've had nearly 1000 of charges I can't phone. I've lost my uk phone and sim and can't reset any security info on my app which I redownloaded through my email. I can't receive their texts or answer a security question as I don't know what it even remotely is. They are making it impossible to cancel and I'm paying a lot for a phone I haven't used now in a definite 6 months and it will continue. I tried cancelling my dd but they gave me a late payment charge. Please any help would be great.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Joannemcd 

I'll ask our community managers to see if they can help you @EmilieT @Marjo @Martin-O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions
@Joannemcd You can call customer service for free from any phone on +44800 032 1402. Best time to call is 8-8.30 am UK time to avoid long hold times.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Joannemcd, and sorry you're having trouble canceling your contract! It's a tricky situation, but I'd gladly get our gurus to look into how to get this sorted for you. I'll send you a Private Message now to get a few more details first slight_smile

Thanks @MI5 for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 8

Dianehay06
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there I’m in complete same situation as you,got a contract running that I don’t use and iv phone 5 times to try cancel,3 calls have said it’s cancelled and everytime I ask for confirmation email as I’m stating to not believe them because they don’t seem to want to cancel,it must be a simple task that there staff can’t manage or are trying to just scam everyone,as I’m fed up wasting my money phoning every week!!!!

I also cancelled direct debit as I was fed up of them taking money when iv tried to cancel so much!!!

Please can someone tell me what I can do to take this further as this should be illegal surely to stop someones right to cancel!!!!
Message 5 of 8

Dianehay06
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Everytime I get told it’s cancelled It doesn’t ever get done and my contract keeps running,it’s one of the worst companies iv ever had to deal with In my life,what’s wrong with them!!!
Message 6 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Dianehay06 , sorry to hear you've been having trouble trying to cancel your contract. 😞 If you need any further help with this, I'm happy to get one of our Gurus to help you out. I would just need a few bits of additional information to be able to pass this on to them, so will drop you a private message here on the forum shortly. 

Message 7 of 8

Dianehay06
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Iv had soooooo many of the 02 staff saying they help me,bottle line is everytime I’m told it’s cancelled ect and then as soon as I get off phone it never is,I never receive confirmation email it’s a joke!!!!
You can’t keep people in a contract against there will!!!!
Do I actually have to get a solicitor to stop a £20 contract as I’m actually beyond amazed at how you can get away with this!!!!
I just want to cancel a contract that’s finished and we didn’t use!!!!

It should be very very simple but for some reason you won’t to cause me soooo much stress!!!

My mother is very very sick with multiple sclerosis so I really don’t need this kind of stress and time I’m wasting trying to sort out a simple thing!!!

Your company should be sooo ashamed!!!
Message 8 of 8