cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Cancellation

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to put in writing how disgusted I am at my treatment by o2 over the last three months. 

Having been a customer for over ten years, I decided not to renew my contract and move to three as the deal they was offering was unbeatable by o2. I tried speaking to staff members online and in store to try and see what deals they offered which may compete and got told they could not do anything. Fair enough so I decided to cancel my contract.

First step -  I contact the team online to cancel my contract and tell them my reasons. They let me know I need to ring up 30 days before my contract is up. Again that is fair enough. (I have the transcription of this)

Second step - I contact the team online 30 days before the contract is up to cancel the contract. I am told it is done and the chat closes. Too make sure I ring up o2 and do the same. Again I am told this is done and o2 will send me a pay and go sim card with my old number if I want to use it.

No sim turns up

To my horror I get a bill today saying my next bill be taken out of my account this month. So I go online to tell them. It takes them a long time just to tell me the contract was not cancelled. They say they have lost the chat transcripts and there is no record of me wanting to cancel the contract.

Now everyone is passing me onto other people.

This is awful customer service and just shows what o2 are really like as a company. I stayed with the service for a long time when other providers offered better deals but now I want to leave they go that extra mile just to take some more money from me.

After 10 years of good service this has been ruined for them to just get some more money from me, I will be passing this feedback on to everyone I speak to as I am so frustrated!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a very common story.

Whilst i can appreciate its not going to be a swift resolution, i would send a complaint in using the link at the bottom of the page.

Best of luck

Message 2 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hopefully a complaint will see them waive the bill and just confirms our advice to send in a follow up letter by recorded delivery. Not a good experience.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

We hear of similar stories when the Online Chat have been involved in account enquires. They are non uk outsourced call centres who I would personally only use for low level questions. Obviously you weren't to know that.

If they don't help via 202 or landline (all points of contact in this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus )

Then fill this in http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

I hope this is resolved to your satisfaction asap.
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This is all getting beyond a joke now...

I wonder if O2 want to employ a staff training consultant? It was part of my job remit for last 15 years....I would be happy to take it on....Rolleys

With all these communication problems it is clear that O2 obviously don't invest enough in staff training programmes...Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I wonder if O2 want to employ a staff training consultant? It was part of my job remit for last 15 years....I would be happy to take it on....Rolleys

With all these communication problems it is clear that O2 obviously don't invest enough in staff training programmes...Smiley Mad

There.......that's corrected it for you wink

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 9

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

It does make you wonder at times...Crazy

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Thanks for your correction @Beenherebefore ....and as usual you are right...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143450 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You weren't to know but the clue was in the fact that a PAYG sim card didn't turn up - That should ring alarm bells and may help someone else reading this in the future.
Also, had you have had a PAC and transferred your number to Three, that would have cancelled your account immediately - Just a couple of tips for the future that apply to any contract cancellation on any network.
Good luck for a swift resolution.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 9