cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacting O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered an iPad, as a new customer, last night and got the order confirmation with a link to track the order.  When I follow the link it asks me to log in then says there was a problem locating the account and gives a "solve the problem" link.  Clicking on this takes me to a "MyO2" page which says that I have no services.  I tried using the email link on the confirmation mail and got an autoreply which says that they've shut down email support and linking to LiveChat.  I've tried that, using "not yet known" as my O2 phone number and clicking the submit button does nothing.  Are they usually this difficult to get hold of?  Has anyone else experienced difficulty tracking an order as a new customer?

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Sorry you are having problems tracking your order. It could be that the website hasn't yet updated. The best thing to do is contact customer services and get them to check things out for you

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

You could also try logging out, back in.... and checking MyO2 again http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Sorry you are having problems tracking your order. It could be that the website hasn't yet updated. The best thing to do is contact customer services and get them to check things out for you

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

You could also try logging out, back in.... and checking MyO2 again http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Call customer service,  please don't be tempted to use live chat for this. 

Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was beginning to think that the only way might be to call them on their 0844 number as live chat wont talk to me without a phone number.  I hate ringing call centres 😞

Thanks for your advice.  Hopefully my experience with O2 won't get any worse, but it isn't a good sign.

Message 4 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Probably just a glitch with the system or it hasn't updated as yet.  Updates midnight every night. 

Message 5 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I was beginning to think that the only way might be to call them on their 0844 number as live chat wont talk to me without a phone number.  I hate ringing call centres 😞

Thanks for your advice.  Hopefully my experience with O2 won't get any worse, but it isn't a good sign.

I actually rang CS on Friday and contrary to recent posts from dissatisfied customers.. the advisor who assisted me was extremely patient and helpful. He resolved an issue within 10 minutes of trying various fixes..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The majority of advisers are helpful, patient and polite but as they say,  there's always a bad Apple in every barrel. 

Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

The majority of advisers are helpful, patient and polite but as they say,  there's always a bad Apple in every barrel. 

That comes across as a bit ironic but autospell and check seems to think I'm having a go at Apple. ....no I meant apple LOL

Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

And a lot to do with how you approach them I find.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

And a lot to do with how you approach them I find.

True enough....

Message 10 of 11