cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused - Allowances quoted for plan & those shown in My O2 don't add up.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 24 month contract which I took out upon the purchase of an iPhone 4 has come to an end so I recently upgraded to the Simplicity 100 pay monthly, on a rolling one month contract, for the sum of £16 per month which includes ...
1) Phone calls ... 100 minutes, plus 500 extra minutes for O2 to O2 calls
2) Unlimited texts
3) 250 MB of mobile Internet data

So far so good. That is quite clear

Now, despite re-installing the My O2 App on my iPhone several times, both it, My Account on the website and the text Balance service give a different set of figures, which is confusing.

1) Phone calls ... An allowance of 38.08 anytime network minutes and 193.33 O2 to O2 minutes
2) Unlimited texts. (The correct figure for Simplicity 100)
3) 250 MB of Mobile Internet data .... Which is included in the Simplicity 100 plan. BUT I also have a Bolt on which is active giving 250MB UK data for iPhone with a monthly cost described as Free and has no date end, so it would appear to be continuing alongside and in addition to the Simplicity 100 data allowance.

The fact that this a Bolt on, suggests to me that this is an addition to any plan, so I would have thought my data allowance should read 500MB (the 250MB covered by the Simplicity 100 plan + the Bolt On 250 MB)

What is the reason for the discrepancy in the minutes allowed for Phone calls and data?
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
No the bolt on is your allowance it's just shown separately you will only get 250mb in total

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The discrepancy will be due to you having a pro rata amount until your billing date, at which point your correct allowances should show in My O2.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jonsie, Will keep a check and see what happens after the next bill

Am I right in assuming the Data Bolt on will then be added on to the data allowance that comes with the Simplicity 100 plan then too?

Strange that the texts went to unlimited straight away though .....

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The fact that they are unlimited means there is no pro rata amount. You have unlimited texts whether you have 29 days to your billing date or just one day.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I await my billing date with eager anticipation!

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, my billing date has now passed and the Minutes and Messages under My Allowances in the My O2 App are as they should be for the Simplicity 100 tariff.

I'm still confused re the Data allowance though. It is showing that, as in the Simplicity 100 tariff, I have 250MB of data. But I also have a Bolt On, which is active and Free, with 250MB UK Data for iPhone. So I would assume that would give a total of 500MB of data. However on the Home Screen of My O2 it gives only 250MB of Data!!??

Surely a Bolt On is something that is added to, or bolted on, to something else?

Therefore I would expect 250+250=500 And not 250+250=250 as it appears at the moment ......
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
No the bolt on is your allowance it's just shown separately you will only get 250mb in total
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That is rather illogical though calling it a "Bolt On" when the allowance includes that amount as standard!!

Also with my previous contract, which had 500MB of data as standard I had this free "Bolt On" of 250MB, now if that was showing what was included in the tariff surely it should have read 500MB

I think O2 need to clarify things properly as the term "Bolt On" definitely implies an added extra rather than just another way of describing what is included in the tariff. For if that was the case I would expect ALL the various allowances on Texts and Call Time to also be listed as "Bolt Ons"

As a matter of interest the definition of "Bolt On" is given as "a bolt-on business deal or activity is one that you make or do in addition to your usual deals or activities"

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/business-english/bolt-on

And in the case of the Simplicity 100 tariff 250MB Data is part of that deal, so by implication the Bolt On, by definition, would be an addition to the usual deal!!

Very confusing O2 

Message 8 of 8