cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charges inside Europe

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently spent 2 nights onboard dfds to Amsterdam and back..... i have a bolt on for travel which i have proof of, i double checked this, even though I had this I actually still turned my data roaming off as I dont trust 02...... I was correct!!! I have been billed £40 for "abroad" usage!!!! Strange that????
I have read a few comments from ppl with EXACT same complaint! My direct debit is now cancelled until its sorted!! Im raging! Whats the whole point in having the Bolt On??? It should have only cost £5 per day if i had used it!!
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149079 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
Ferries are charged separately so the charges are valid I'm afraid.
You can see the costs listed here http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad# (look at ships/ferries/airplanes)
Cancelling your DD will just result in your debt being sold to debt collectors and a black mark on your credit file so if you want to try and get some resolution the correct way, you can make a complaint from here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 149079 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
Ferries are charged separately so the charges are valid I'm afraid.
You can see the costs listed here http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad# (look at ships/ferries/airplanes)
Cancelling your DD will just result in your debt being sold to debt collectors and a black mark on your credit file so if you want to try and get some resolution the correct way, you can make a complaint from here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23949 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Anonymous Onboard usage on ferries is considered additional charges. It does not come under the tariff for roaming in Europe.

Do Not cancel your Direct Debit. If you don't pay your bill you will incur a negative rating on your credit, which could impact you for years. Call Customer Service. You may get the charges reduced.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12599 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions
Anything you do while on a boat will be charged at an extortionate rate as they set their own prices. Please see details at the following link:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Cruise-Liners-Aircraft-Charges/ba-p/1058892
o2 Travel only applies to land based networks.
Cancelling your DD can have serious consequences for your credit rating with o2 more than happy to pass you on to debt collectors.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the roaming turned off! Being onboard a ferry to amsterdam still came under netherlands.... as soon as i seen this i turned off the roaming. I looked at the bolt on features and looked up netherlands, £5 per day.... i looked at the days where charges incurred Saturday £40, sunday 0.00p monday 0.00p..... i sailed saturday from 6pm till 10am sunday morning!.. i had turned off roaming and phone by the way! as i was in cabin bed ill with Norovirus! I feel ive been charged for this particular day. My phone was on in Amsterstam on the sunday afternoon and night taking pictures only.
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 149079 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28465 Solutions
We've explained why you have been charged.
The only thing you can do now is follow the complaints route as advised.
Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23949 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3770 Solutions

@Anonymous You would have had to switch off your mobile data completely. Not just roaming. By all means lodge a complaint as suggested, but we are all customers, and it's not up to anyone here as to how your complaint will be viewed.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 341 Posts
  • 25 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Normally you will receive notification regarding charges for using your phone whilst on board the ferry. it is normally on your boarding ticket. 

I am a bit puzzled though. There is free on board WiFi on DFDS Ferries so why didn't you log onto that. You normally only get charged if you either make a call or send a text whilst on board if you are connected to the on board FOC WiFi

As others have said your charges, I'm affraid, are valid.

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93928 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions
Message 9 of 9