cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing payment date charge?!

Anonymous
Not applicable

So a few weeks back I contact O2 in regards to changing my payment date so that it matched with my payment date, I thought all was well, HOWEVER today I have found out that my account is due by £92 (£30 device plan £30 airtime) so I was expecting around £60 however I didn't know where this extra £30 odd has come from, I contacted O2 again only to be told it was a £30 charge to change my payment date?! 

I was NEVER informed of this charge, if I had been I would NOT have changed my date (I only changed for convenience for me) are O2 allowed to just throw charges at you without informing you first? I tried arguing this fact, but was told if I dont pay the full amount my phone will be put on hold until payment is received. 

Anyone know any helpful information? I can't find anywhere that says there is a charge for changing payment dates. I have had this contract for over 6 months as well.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Never heard of this before either?
@Martin-O2 help please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 15

jonsie
  • 94099 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

There is no charge for changing payment dates but it sounds as though the date has been changed too near the original DD date so two payments have been taken. Only customer service can resolve this for you but please do not use live chat.

Message 3 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @MI5

@Anonymous I'm not aware of any charges for changing your direct debit date. If payments are brought forward rather then pushed back this can lead to a kind of double payment as your existing payment date and the new one are very close together but this is not an actual charge. I'll check with the O2 team to confirm. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the replies! I changed my payment date the day AFTER my last payment was taken, so they had a months warning that I wanted the date changed. This is why I cannot understand why I am being charged an extra £30. 

Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Check in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 if it was a double charge you will be showing £30 in credit
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is showing as one payment is overdue and one is due 

however I have always kept on top of my payments, as I am trying to build and maintain my credit score. 

So I am very confused and getting no where with O2 support 😞 

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Look in your bill breakdown and see if it just shows the tariff or any additional charges for anything.
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

On my overview screen it is telling me my device plan is £30 and my airtime is £38.90 but when I go to pay on my device plan it says £60. 

Which is weird coz I have been up to date with all my payments, and changed my payment date the day after I last paid it. So I do not understand why I am being charged double my device plan, esp when I was not made aware of any fee or double payment or anything.

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
It's clearly an error that CS need to sort out.
If they can't or won't, raise a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
Message 10 of 15