Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get PAC

LynneWilky
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

After being charged an outageous £97 because exceeded my 250 minutes during lockdown, I am off. New sim/provider and just need a PAC.

3 times I have text 65075 with PAC and 3 times I have recieved

Hi it's O2, There has been an issue processing your request, please try again later.

How do I get a PAC?

My contract was up years ago and stupidly I never switched, the account is fully paid up. Why can I not get a PAC?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@LynneWilky You need to try to call. You should not have been charged. Hopefully you can get through and get the charges adjusted.

https://news.o2.co.uk/2020/03/30/o2-lifts-the-limit-on-voice-calls-so-pay-monthly-consumers-can-stay...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

LynneWilky
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Bambino

From what I can see of this announcement, it applies from 6th April.. "End of next week"

My bill started with 10 calls 27th March to 3rd April costing £72.58. I went into lockdown prior to the official instruction to everyone as I am terminally ill with Metastatic Carcinoma and was advised that as I am particularly at risk that I should be self isolating. This is one of the issues for when I have just sourced a new contract, I did not want to enter any new 12 month contracts as I will be very lucky to need 6! So gone for a rolling monthly.

The instructions from Jonsie are to do what I have done. Text PAC to 65075. Tried again, and got the same reply of "There's been an issue"

I am afraid that if I ask my husband to attempt to resolve, he will be angry that I clocked up the bill and then with anyone he talks too about this.

Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@LynneWilky O2's systems with PACs and sim swaps and pretty much everything else has been up the spout for a while. They're obviously short staffed at the moment and are struggling to keep things going. I'm not making excuses for them, but I would imagine it's probably pretty much the same with all the networks. You may find that even if you get through on a call there would be nothing they could do right now. I would hope though, that they offer you some sort of goodwill gesture to reduce what you owe, so you'll just have to keep trying to get through. Best of luck. I hope you can get this resolved.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5