Did you mean: 

Cannot Register Online

amici-pat
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 59 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I will try to be brief.

In April this year I got a new Pay Monthly 'phone from Carphone Warehouse on O2 (mainly because I wanted the Kindle Fire that was 'free' (yes I know I pay for it in the long run).  

Anyway,just got round to trying out the new 'phone and it does not work (No Service, No Sim Card).

Having set up a direct debit and made the first couple of payments, I then changed banks and needed to set up a new DD for all my payments to everyone.

This is where the trouble starts, I misplaced the paperwork with my new 'phones' number so could not register on O2, so went to live chat with all other details, they said I would have to go into an O2 shop, got a reminder e mail from O2 in the meantime, sadly no phone number;   went into O2 shop who could not help, looked at the phone, took out and put sim back in but still not working, so told me to go to carphone warehouse.

Went into CW as suggested, approached a female member of staff, explained that all I needed was the phone number so that I could register at O2 and pay the bill, explaining that the mobile did not and never had worked.

A Male member of staff then grabbed the 'phone went into the back and abruptly said, it not working because you have forced the sim card in the wrong way round and broken a pin on the carrier,  gave me the number of the phone and told me that as I had broken the phone it was useless and they would not repair it!!.

Now, disgusted at the way he spoke to me I left the shop.    Now, I will deal with the matter of the broken phone elsewhere, but my main concern is paying the outstanding bill.

So this morning I get online to O2 to try and register the phone to be able to make a payment, and was stopped in my tracks again, as I needed to enter the phone number (which I now have) but then it said it would send a code to the 'phone for me to be able to continue, so,foiled again!!!

Then an ON LINE CHAT popped up so I went on there and explained my problems, went round in circles yet again, even to the point of the REP changing my User Name for my other 2 accounts, which did nothing to help me Register the new phone.   He then suggested I pay the bill by calling 202, (thank goodness I had another phone on O2).

This is automated, and I could get no idea of the amount owed, so just paid the usual amount and came off.

So, at the end of all this, I still cannot get this phone added to 'my account' so that I can manage payments online, or even set up a Direct Debit.

Can anyone help please.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Sorry for the problems you are having.

I would suggest putting the sim card in another O2 or unlocked phone to get the text message in order to register. Maybe a friend can help you out with this or the O2 store?

Message 2 of 2