cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£18 Credit vanished overnight

Anonymous
Not applicable

While I was down in London just over a week ago my mum topped my credit up for £15, I was also meant to get another £3 for an offer going.

A few days later, all that credit vanished back down to the original £2.93 I originally had, this happened during the middle of the night while I was asleep.
I only noticed what had happened after I checked my email via the computer the next day, as I had 40ish odd emails supposedly sent from the phone with 0kb .txt files attached
I checked my phone just after with no confirmation or message log of anything being sent, but noticed there was only £2.93 left!

I went to my local o2 and even the staff, after checking my phone were wondering why my credit was missing, they put me onto an o2 call center where I was rudely told that I was to blame for sending 40ish photo messages to myself in my sleep or my phone settings where wrong. "my phone settings got sorted over a year ago by instore o2 staff to prevent this problem happening again, the settings have been untouched since then"
I also asked to speak to a supervisor, and was told I would recieve a call from them within the day as they were occupied, Still waiting...

I can only recall about a maximum of 5-6 Text messages sent to my email address while I was down in london, but this was all before I topped up.
from what I see on my phone and the last message was sent to my email wason the 22 of october 2012 and showing up as a total of (26) messages, which was sent over many months.

Even though we got £5 out of the £18 back, its really not good enough

Thanks for reading - Grant

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
No completely agreed £5 not enough.

What sort of time frame were these emails sent over? We talking minutes or hours?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

from what I was told over the phone from the o2 call center, no more than a couple of minutes :S

Message 3 of 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
How can they expect you to "sleep email" that quickly? Pretty sure I couldn't do that whilst awake let alone asleep.

What phone do you have by the way?
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I knew how I'd be able manage that during my sleep, must be a world record!

and I have an LG GT540

I have just looked at the email's that I sent on my phone to the email and the dates that the message where sent are off by months, 24 of the 26 message have dates sent as of 22 October 2012 when most of those where sent over a time frame of a year, yet compiled into just 1 day, the other 2 of the 26 remaining email messages sent where on the 25 December 2011 and the 7 November 2011

Message 5 of 9

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Hmm I really don't understand that. Is the lg even capable of producing a .txt document?:/

I'd argue your case with CS but omit the dates (doesnt make sense) it's impossible to send that many emails so quickly even circular emails only count as one! You must of created each email individually and sent it 40x.

Your rather impressive mate I think I'd hire you as my secretary on sleeping pills if you can output that fast;)

Phone CS again. Tell them it's a mistake its quite clear it wasn't you sending those emails.
Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

its really bad 😞

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

YES,I TOO JUST EXPERIENCED THIS MYSELF,I TOPPED UP £10 DAY BEFORE YESTERDAY AND I ONLY MADE 2CALLS,EACH TO MOBILES FOR APPOXIMATLEY 4MINUTES EACH,THAT'S IT.THE NEXT DAY I TRIED TO MAKE A CALL AND NOTHIN HAPPENED!IT SAID I HAD TO TOP UP AS THERE WAS NOW ONLY 10PENCE CREDIT!!!PROPER LIBERTY!FUMING!!STRANGLEY ENOUGH I CAN STILL TEXT,I GOT A BOLT ON OF THE 75MINS WITH 200 TEXTS.ABSOLUTLEY NO RECORD OF ANY CALLS,TEXTS OR ANY OTHER ACTIVITY WHICH IS'NT REALLY SURPRISING AS NO ONE USED IT WHILE I WAS ASLEEP!I TRIED TO GET ONTO MY O2 BUT THEIR WEBSITE WAS BEING RECONFIGURED OR FIXED UP SO AM STILL TRYING TO GET THERE ATTENTION.

Message 8 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Speak to customer service on 4445 and they will refund any credit for incorrect charges. Or you could try webchat.

Message 9 of 9