Did you mean: 

Cancelling o2 refresh contract

Jessoneill
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi there

I recently took out a new contract with o3. However I'm not happy with the device and the payment plan isn't that competitive.

I took the contract out online and the phone was click and collect. I've only had the phone 2 days, and took the contract out online 4 days ago. I'm a new o2 refresh customer.

I've opened the box, set up the phone and used the charger. So the packaging is missing from these items. However all in good condition.

Will I be able to return the phone and cancel the contract without issues?
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Jessoneill

O2 store purchases

If you purchased a phone or tablet in an O2 store, return it there within 14 days of purchase and let the advisor know you wish to cancel. If you've taken a bundle, you'll need to return all the equipment in that bundle.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

However yours was an ONLINE purchase booked for click and collect.. so this applies...

Online and telephone purchases

If you bought a device through o2.co.uk or by speaking to an O2 advisor on the phone, you can use our online returns service to let us know that you'd like to cancel. Or call our customer services team on 0344 809 0202.

You'll need to return all your goods within 14 days of telling us you want to cancel the contract. If you've taken a bundle, this means you'll need to return all the equipment in that bundle. Once you've let us know you want to cancel you can use the Mobile device return form (PDF) to send your items back to us.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Jessoneill

Yes you will. You can return goods under the change of mind policy. As long as you have the box it came in and send back everything which was in it, you will be fine.

Welcome to the forum by the way.Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27654 Solutions
Note that you must post it back not return to store collected from.
It will take around 2 weeks to process and clear your account and make sure you send it recorded delivery so you can track it and have adequate insurance in case of damage in transit.
I'd suggest you take pictures of condition before sending it too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

Jessoneill
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you @Cleoriff and @MI5 !

I've called customer service and they've advised me because the phone was store stock it needs to be returned there. Is this right?
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Jessoneill

O2 store purchases

If you purchased a phone or tablet in an O2 store, return it there within 14 days of purchase and let the advisor know you wish to cancel. If you've taken a bundle, you'll need to return all the equipment in that bundle.

However yours was an ONLINE purchase booked for click and collect.. so this applies...

Online and telephone purchases

If you bought a device through o2.co.uk or by speaking to an O2 advisor on the phone, you can use our online returns service to let us know that you'd like to cancel. Or call our customer services team on 0344 809 0202.

You'll need to return all your goods within 14 days of telling us you want to cancel the contract. If you've taken a bundle, this means you'll need to return all the equipment in that bundle. Once you've let us know you want to cancel you can use the Mobile device return form (PDF) to send your items back to us.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27654 Solutions
It all depends if the phone was sent to the store by O2 or if the store took it from their stock to give to you. Usually it would be sent by O2 to the store, but the best way to find out is to call the store and ask if the order came from store stock or from O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Jessoneill
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you both so much @MI5 and @Cleoriff

I managed to return my device to store successfully. Just had to do a factory wipe and return everything that came with the contract. The phone was inspected but passed!
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27654 Solutions
Glad you got sorted wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Great news @Jessoneill wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9