Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling airtime

Louungi
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have 2 devices registered to my o2 account. One iPad Pro + one Samsung phone.

My device plan for the iPad has been paid in full, and I am trying to contact O2 to cancel the airtime bill. However I have not been in the UK for 14 months now, and have been paying the airtime bill on both devices. I am wondering if I pay off the rest of the unpaid device plan for my Samsung, I can cancel the airtime bill for my iPad + my Samsung phone. 
I am paying an awful lot of money for airtime I cannot use and wish to cancel this on both devices as soon as possible, as I’ve wasted over £400 on UK airtime…

I cannot call the 202 number as I am using a Korean SIM card, not the O2 SIM card and a call from international country is too expensive with all the waiting times.

I believe I am on O2 refresh?  And that there is no extra charges for early termination if the device plan is paid off?

Can anybody help me.

Every time I try to check with the O2 live chat it says that they are too busy and I don’t know what else to do to contact anyone to help me solve this problem. 
Thank you!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Info on cancellation here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract. There is no penalty for early cancellation as long as your device(s) are paid off.

However as you are abroad and have more than one device I'll tag our account advisors @O2Lisa or @O2Georgina  to the thread. Once she answers she will need some info from you via private message.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Louungi Instructions on how to use Skype to call O2 on 0800 numbers for free from anywhere can be found in this link: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Hello, @Cleoriff  Thanks for the tag, 

@Louungi  I have read through your query, We are unable to accept payments on the community page and you would need to call the retention department to pay off a device plan, I will private message you in case you need any further information about this

signature
Message 4 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @O2Georgina.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 5