cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled my contract 2 months ago and they're still billing me!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I hope someone can help.

I phoned customer services at the end of February to cancel my contract before the due date in April. I did not want to keep my old number and did not request a pak code. I got the call 2 weeks later trying to get me to come back, so it's on their system that I have left/in process of leaving. I checked my email and o2 account today to discover they billed me for April which is fine but they are also billing my for May and June. I went to the shop to have a chat with them and they told me the account is still active. Anyone else had this problem? I know I should phone customer services but I don't want to be stuck paying for a phone and a number that doesn't exist anymore! Any advice from anyone to help me when I speak to them?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You'll have to call to remind them that you cancelled. It will be on record but I guess no one updated the computer 😞
Remind them also, to refund the extra months you have wrongly been charged for wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You'll have to call to remind them that you cancelled. It will be on record but I guess no one updated the computer 😞
Remind them also, to refund the extra months you have wrongly been charged for wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Do you have anything in writing confirming that your contract was cancelled? An email or hard copy letter from O2 will give you all the ammo you need to get any refund that may be due to you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for that. I will no doubt report back with their response.
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

No that's also the odd thing I've had no letter nor an email just that phone call asking me to reconsider and come back to O2...

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No, you don't usually get anything in writing unless you had the transcript from online chat?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you have nothing in writing it might be difficult for you to prove that you requested to cancel. Best to call Customer Services and try to get it sorted as soon as possible. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
They should have a call record. Otherwise why call me again two weeks later and try get me to come back?
Message 8 of 12

Bambino
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I agree, but can you remember the date you received the call? Usually when people leave they take their number with them, and the process of switching providers with the same number initiates the cancellation.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Friends!

I called them up and they said because I was given a PAC(?) code I had 30 days to use it but if I didn't the account still remained active. I do remember saying that I did not wish to keep my old number. I wasn't made aware of this on my first call. They told me about the 30day timeframe but not that my contract would keep going after that, otherwise I would have just cancelled there and then like I wanted to! I think if you cancel the contract it should be a seperate thing if you want to keep the number or not. They definately cancelled my insurance in the first call I made though. They are going to refund me the extra month I paid but it seems if I'm stil in credit I have to go through another arsey process just to get my money back! 

Message 10 of 12