Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

gunterstraub
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an O2 contract, SIM only. It has another 18 months to run. Since the beginning of September, now 6 weeks ago, I have no access to voicemail. My phone only rings once. If I don't have the phone next to me I miss the call. Calls are not being passed to voicemail.
I have been on to O2 for something like 20 hours now over dozens of time. They keep telling me that the probelm is solved, but it is not. Initially they said it was a fault with my iPhone 7.

I bought an iPhone 11, it's the same problem
I have now reached the point where I want to walk away from O2 and go to another service provider.

I am not prepare to pay for the remaining 18 months on my contract.

What are my options, please?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@gunterstraub 

About voicemail here Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

How to make it ring longer here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Lengthen-Ringtime-on-any-O2-Mobile/ba-p/1175217 

How to cancel here, but it will cost you termination fees Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@gunterstraub 

About voicemail here Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 

How to make it ring longer here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-Lengthen-Ringtime-on-any-O2-Mobile/ba-p/1175217 

How to cancel here, but it will cost you termination fees Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@gunterstraub You can lodge a formal complaint: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Alternatively, many people have used the independent Resolver link and have had good results: https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/o2-complaints?territory_id=5

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good morning @gunterstraub, and welcome to the community Wave

I'm really sorry to hear you've been struggling to get this sorted for a while - I'm not sure what's been done exactly, but I would gladly get someone on my end to check why it hasn't been resolved yet and how to get things working for you. I'll only be able to do that if you haven't put a formal complaint through yet, so would you be able to let me know if you have, and in case you haven't, if you'd like me to help further? slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 5

pedrobedro
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 24 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

We extended the ring time to 30 seconds on my wife's iphone using the linked instructions.

You are now 4th in a queue, stop pushing. All our calls are recorded for training purposes so don't do anything stupid.
Huawei Honor 8x
Message 5 of 5