Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel switch up query

Scotty_j
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 43 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, this maybe one for @Dave-O2. Sorry not sure how to tag him on here and don’t want to just contact directly as that’s just rude.

I had the iPhone 15 pro max (since May 24) and used this to switch up to the Z flip 6. I did this on the phone as wanted to be able to use the cable to transfer data between the 2. 
I used the flip for a week and called o2 to utilize the 14 day cancellation and requested to keep my iPhone (as I hadn’t sent this back yet).
I was told this is fine so have sent the flip back. 

Im advised my contract is now sim only and that my iPhone has been paid off (which isn’t the case). I assumed I’d still continue paying this monthly along with the airtime as before the switch up. I don’t want hit with a large bill to pay the outstanding device plan for the iPhone.

So my questions are…..

should I have sent the iPhone back too as the switch up had been agreed and;

are customer services incorrect advising me I can keep it ? 

I’ve been told my multiple staff that the iPhone has been paid off and it’s worrying me as that’s not the case. I just need a definite answer as it’s driving me mental.
Switch up has also been removed but that’s maybe a good thing as I won’t go through this again.

Next time if I get it back it’ll be done in store.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149688 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28520 Solutions

@Scotty_j 

Your device plan is cleared when you switch up so now you are just on a rolling 30 day contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Scotty_j
  • 43 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, I get that but would it still be cleared if I’ve sent the new handset back and using the old handset ? In essence not switching up. 

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11627 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Scotty_j 

If you dont send the old handset back, then you lose switchup and continue as a normal custom plan, paying for the device either in full or each month as you do now.. 

You dont get to keep the iPhone for free... 

Just ignore what CS on the Phone say as they talk so much BS its unreal, best thing is to contact o2 via Social Media Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 5

Scotty_j
  • 43 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah paying monthly is what I thought and that’s fine rather than getting it “for free”. I didn’t think that was right 

Message 5 of 5