Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive SMS messages

JacobShaw1214
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi everyone, I’ve just recently gone through an account ownership change process. It’s been a full 48 hours now since the process began. However I cannot receive SMS messages. I can send SMS messages, receive calls, and make outgoing calls however. I cannot set my iMessage up to work as I cannot receive the 6 digit code it asks for due to this also. Has anyone had this issue? I’m ready to leave o2 at this point
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

LJM26
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This is an ongoing O2 issue affecting a lot of people at the moment. I am in the same boat as you as well 😞

Message 2 of 6

Andy132
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same as, just upgraded to new phone, been with O2 for 16 years and never had much of a problem. At least you would think they would explain what is going on.

Message 3 of 6

Cheesedoff1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Me too, O2 need to sort it. We can't even e -mail anyone. The only way to get hold of anyone is to ring help line and press the lost/stolen phone option.

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Andy132 @JacobShaw1214 @LJM26 

There is a network outage on the text side of O2. They are aware and working on it.

Many people are having issues at present

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Can-t-receive-text-messages-on-Galaxy-S20/m-p/1343650#M74936

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Andy132
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I understand that this is a server problem, but why are O2 leaving everone to mess about with new phones, removing sims, re booting time after time, checking and double checking settings, why not come clean and tell people about the problem.

Message 6 of 6