Did you mean: 

Number ported but can’t receive texts or visual voicemail

Saadmahmood
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi
I have moved over from 3 as they have been suffering issues with their signal in my area, I have been seeing adverts of o2 for a while and decided to join up.

Placed my order online and entered my pac code on the form, once my SIM card turned up and was activated my number had not ported over, I rang o2 and they said that no request was made which is really odd but we can just blame that on a computer issue..

After 2 days of waiting my number has finally ported over however I cannot receive text messages or validated my ported number on my iPhone as my number isn’t receiving text messages. Also my visual voicemail is no longer displaying and I need to call to listen to voicemails. I’m pretty disappointed by this as I’ve had to call o2 a number of times to resolve this and haven’t received any compensation or even an resolution of this issue.

Anyone have any advice that they can offer
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Saadmahmood Check your My O2 page to see if your number has ported. http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 If it isn't correct there you'll need to contact customer service. All the numbers available are in this link: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Texts are usually the last to port over. Turn your phone off and on every hour or so.

To change the number on your phone go to Settings >Phone >My Number and enter it manually.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Numerous members having the same issue re texts after ports or even with new phones.

It seems O2 may have an issue with this on the S20 and a few iphones yesterday.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

LJM26
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Having the same issue after a sim swap, been over 24 hours now
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Saadmahmood
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the reply peeps. Yeah I’ve been on the phone to o2 a couple of times today to complain about this and I’ve been told that there is a network mast issue in my area hence I cannot text, which is a lie as my neighbor is on o2 and has no issues. This is apparently due to be fixed end of this month or as soon as the landlord of the private property of where this mast is will allow o2 access.

I have also been told that my port is completed and that I need to restore my iPhone, which I wasn’t happy to do but I gave it a go.. now I am worst off as I cannot even validate my Barclays and Apple Pay as they text a number that I need to enter before I can use these apps..
I really hope o2 can resolve this soon as it’s beginning to make me regret joining
Message 6 of 6