Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay my bill.

Aberlourj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am seriously getting peeved as to why I can't pay my bill. My card is constantly being declined, mobile app, online, automated service, and when i tall to someone. I have sent money to my housemate at the same address, and its declining his card as well. I have tried every day since Friday and I am completely cut off. I have called o2 CS and I get nothing from them other than 'we can try again' there is nothing wrong with my card, or my housemates and I am still getting declined and my bill is just not being paid. No one is helpful at all. I might cry.
Message 1 of 27
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Aberlourj

Welcome to the forum...

O2 are having serious problems with most of their payment systems (except direct debits) We are told they are aware but many customers are having the same problems as yourself. The only way I can suggest that may work is to pay via direct bank transfer

Bank transfer.JPG

I know this is inconvenient but at least will bypass the issue of cards being declined. I would suggest that you set up your payments via direct debits in future as this currently is the only system that is working without problems

There are various ways to pay as shown in this article ...(I realise you have tried them all but handy to keep as reference)  http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ways-to-pay-guidelines/td-p/874982

I am going to mention @Toby the community manager here. It will bring your problem to his attention and I am sure he will contact you as soon as he can. O2 have got a lot of unhappy, worried customers at present due to the payment system  being unfit for purpose slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hi @Aberlourj

Welcome to the forum...

O2 are having serious problems with most of their payment systems (except direct debits) We are told they are aware but many customers are having the same problems as yourself. The only way I can suggest that may work is to pay via direct bank transfer

Bank transfer.JPG

I know this is inconvenient but at least will bypass the issue of cards being declined. I would suggest that you set up your payments via direct debits in future as this currently is the only system that is working without problems

There are various ways to pay as shown in this article ...(I realise you have tried them all but handy to keep as reference)  http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Ways-to-pay-guidelines/td-p/874982

I am going to mention @Toby the community manager here. It will bring your problem to his attention and I am sure he will contact you as soon as he can. O2 have got a lot of unhappy, worried customers at present due to the payment system  being unfit for purpose slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 27

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23224 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

This debacle just goes on and on and on. It's truly appalling that the payment faults have not been fixed, and even more astounding that customer service are denying that anything is wrong! Absolutely disgraceful.

I guess people have their reasons for not paying by direct debit, but it really would avoid all this. I don't know why mobile phone bills aren't treated by some in the same way they pay their other utility bills? It doesn't make any sense to me. If you're on a contract, the bill has to be paid in the same way you pay your gas, electricity, or council tax. There's plenty of notification in advance of the funds being taken, should you dispute the charges. Why are customers still not paying by direct debit, and why do O2 not insist that bills are paid that way unless there is a special circumstance that is arranged at the beginning of the contract?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 27

MI5
  • 145091 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27832 Solutions
I agree totally but for now it would be a good idea for someone to let CS know that there are problems, surely?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 27

Bambino
  • 23224 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

How could CS not know? This isn't the first thread concerning this topic, nor is it the first one where we've advised the OP to contact CS. This has been going on for months. Hasn't @viridis had this very same problem?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 123382 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I know DD is the best way without question. It's in the contract agreement.... However, I realised when I did the Ways to Pay guidelines that O2 allow numerous other payment methods for contract customers (which did surprise me if honest). These are failing badly...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 27

Aberlourj
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Will paying by bank transfer mean that I have to wait a while for my services to become active?

I would prefer to pay by DD. But with Christmas and my pay day falling after the DD date It got cancelled.
Message 7 of 27

Bambino
  • 23224 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

If it's a work day, usually bank transfers are credited to the payee on the same day if done before a certain time of day.

However your bill gets paid, you will still need to contact customer service to reactivate your account after the payment has gone through.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 27

Aberlourj
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What are the details, I looked on ways to pay, is it just the bank details as if you were going to the bank with your bill?
Message 9 of 27

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

You would need to contact customer service after payment to get reconnected again but as long as the payment has reached the account there shouldn't be a problem.

Incidentally customer service can change the payment date for you so that it is more adjacent to your salary date.

Message 10 of 27