Can previous phone get blocked?

YeahWhatevs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello, the lovely people of this forum.
Long story short -
My sister paid off her iPhone 7 completely and got a new phone from the same network provider (24 month contract).
It’s been two months now and she’s having payment issues already (yes, I’m trying to help her with payments).
She sold her iPhone 7 already (the one she had before). The question is - if she cannot pay for her new phone, can her old one get blacklisted for that? Or just the new one?
Or will they just stop calls and SMS on the SIM?

Cheers, guys!
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
@YeahWhatevs Only the SIM will be blocked if payments aren't made, but you should try to sort this as quickly as possible, as non-payments have serious ramifications for her credit rating, which affects more than just not paying O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Only the handset on the current contract as it is tied to the imei of the new handset @YeahWhatevs

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 6

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
@YeahWhatevs Only the SIM will be blocked if payments aren't made, but you should try to sort this as quickly as possible, as non-payments have serious ramifications for her credit rating, which affects more than just not paying O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

YeahWhatevs
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@adamtemp64 I hope so, thanks!

@Bambino We are trying to sort this out. She really doesn’t want to lose her new phone, but she just recently has left her job so she’s trying to find a new one
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@YeahWhatevs I'm glad to hear you're trying to sort this out. If she's having trouble making her payments, she really should inform customer service. They might be able to provide her with a payment plan, but it would probably involve her phone usage being curtailed. That would still be a better option than being cut off completely, having a negative mark on her credit rating, and then also having to pay a reconnection fee. If you haven't called customer service yet, here are the details: https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Good luck. I hope you can get this resolved.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

YeahWhatevs
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Bambino Huh... This is all new to us. She’ll ring Customer Services ASAP.
Massive thank you for your help!
Message 6 of 6