Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help ... I want a Disney ending

Gail
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi can anyone make any suggestions - I have just re-newed an O2 contract for 24 months, not massive, just £18 a month as part of an upgrade package for a new phone (through Phone Spot). ... ... yes, I was that person and I can hear the sniggers and the sighs, even from that guy at the back who used to work for them  ..... but you’ve guessed it,  no phone!!    I had a phone from them, rang them back before it got here and said I didn’t want the Nokia 2 ( I said STOP laughing!) but the iPhone SE (I am nearly 60 so that is new technology to me!). They said okay, send the Nokia back, when it gets here we will send an IPhone to you.  I did my part of the bargain but 6 weeks after the initial conversation no phone.  Have contacted phone spot twice and talked to about 15 different people (2 hours and 20 minutes) to be told they haven’t got the Nokia. Have spoken to courier company who confirm it was collected and have an “inter depot collection note” as evidence that it was collected but this is “insufficient” for phone spot.  Am I dead in the water here? My O2 account says I am now not eligible for upgrade til July 2020 so is this it? ... is this how the story ends.... .....this is so undisney .....  O3 ... I mean O2 (sorry,  I upgraded you there) anything you can do?  I am with you guys for the next 24 months with an old phone that turns itself off at the drop of an hat.  Gail xx

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
@Gail Purchasing a phone from a third party isn't O2's responsibility, so you'll have to persevere with this Phone Spot (who I've never heard of). If you have the SIM for the contract you can use it in any phone, so you might want to pick up an inexpensive one to use while you sort this problem out.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Never heard of phone spot but O2 can’t do anything as the phone doesn’t actually come from them, only the contract but O2 don’t care what phone you use only that your bill is paid on time 

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@GailAccording to this thread, Phone Spot are a part of Carphone Warehouse.

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices/Phone-Spot-Third-party-phone-provider-very-dubias/td-p/1...

They have a dubious reputation if you google the name

You need to persevere with them or CPW

https://www.aspokesmansaid.com/telecoms/stories/content-10454/the-phone-spot--who-are-they--and-how-...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

SJust googled Phone Spot and they belong to dixons carphone warehouse so nothing to do with o2 sorry 

Message 5 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144176 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
@EmilieT anything you can do here?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 9

Gail
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Getting a temporary phone sounds sensible - just over an hour on the phone to phone spot and then another call nearer to an hour and a half with no resolution is very wearing.  Will need at least 3 weetabix to pick up the phone and give this another go but thanks for the words of encouragement

Message 7 of 9

Gail
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply and the links

I need to learn from this mistake though as I have a very strong feeling that this is not going to be a happy ending - will let you know

Message 8 of 9

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Would agree with the above - their website says they are part of Dixons Carphone PLC so no link to o2 other than to sell contracts with o2.
If you are getting no where with them directly, then use the make a complaint link on the a spokesman said website as it appears as though they have some interaction.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 9