cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I cancel my contract due to poor network?

Columbo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently got an O2 SIM as part of a contract with Virgin Media for broadband & TV. I've had it a couple of months now, I was hoping it was teething troubles but the reception at home is terrible, practically unusable for voice calls. Before that I was with Virgin but I think it was on the EE network (or possibly Vodafone) and I would like to revert to this.

Can I cancel my contract due to this issue? The contract is for £10 a month for another 16 months.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You first need to report this to customer service and then make an official complaint and hope that they allow you to cancel without penalty.

Use the contact link at the foot of the page for the complaint process. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You first need to report this to customer service and then make an official complaint and hope that they allow you to cancel without penalty.

Use the contact link at the foot of the page for the complaint process. 

Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6266 Posts
  • 47 Topics
  • 1433 Solutions

If you cancel you will loose the Volt benefits and may need to renegotiate your broadband package with Virgin

Just to warn you that going back to Virgin Mobile will not get you back on Vodafone as all new contracts are O2 based.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Columbo If your reception at home isn't good, think about getting a phone capable of WiFi calling, if you don't already have that on your phone: Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4