cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Charges to the Isle of man

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone please help confirm, once and for all if O2 will charge me for Isle of Man calls, both mobile and landline and also Text messages outside of my current allowance.   This is to call the isle of man, rather than being there and roaming.

I currently do not get charged, however my contract is due an early renewal tomorrow and I am being advised by O2 chat that when i change my Tariff I will have to pay for my calls.   As all my family is located there, unlits very important I get this confirmed before committing to a 2 year contract.

If they cant confirm, i could just get the phone and use my 7 days to return the handset after checking online, but that is just waste everyones time.

Thanks in advance for the help

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, now classed as "abroad" so all calls and texts are chargeable.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

check out the new t&C here http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-tariff-terms

P.s. I have just raised the issue in feedback as the website has not got full information on costs etc

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, now classed as "abroad" so all calls and texts are chargeable.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its all a bit strange, as I can find on their website that Isle of Man numbers are only charged standard rate.  So on one hand they charge you the same as the uK, on the other they dont include it in your bundle. 

Well a lot of good unlimited calls will give me when most of the people I would actually have a decent length conversation on the phone with live there.  Especailly annoying as they dont seem to include the Isle of Man in any International Dialling deals.

I really really really dislike O2, this has taken 3 weeks to discover....guess  I am jumping ship, if I am gonna pay through the nose for my calls that were previously included in my bundle.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will be interesting to see what the person in the shops says tomorrow.

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is an old topic but I thought I would update it as a definitive answer may be of use to other folk.

My other half has always been with O2 specifically so she can call or text relatives in IOM using her inclusive minutes/texts. She does this regularly and continues to do so ( free) up to and including yesterday. It should be noted that certain 'cheaper' partner networks who piggy back on O2 seem to have stopped this though.

If this ever stops then likely O2 will get the heave ho , and I will post here to let folk know.

Cheers

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am considering buying a o2 Sim only monthly contract. I have read a number of threads on this forum which some has given me conflicting information. This may be as T&C have changed over time

I am aware from T&C that calls from my mobile to isle of man mobiles will not be included. However i was wondering if my inclusive minutes/texts as part of the contract, include calling a person with a Isle of man landline and sending texts to Isle of Man Mobiles.

Kind Regards

Matt

Message 7 of 7