cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CON ARTIST AGENT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried to upgrade with the help of an agent (STELLA) through live chat so the conversation that followed was as such, i was offered a £31 tariff with 300 minutes + unlimited texts+ 1GB of data usage per month with a free samsung galaxy s3 mini,,,,, i had a quick check on the manual upgrade page because it did not seem correct, AND IT WAS NOT ,,,  i then informed the agent that i could get a £26 tariff with unlimited texts and minutes + 1GB of data usage + a free galaxy s3 mini,,,  i find this scandelous that this is going on, strange because ive always found o2 very good to deal with,,  if i hadnt been on the ball and didnt notice i was nearly being conned i would have paid an  extra £120 over the 24 month contract for a worse tariff, Now tell me if im wrong but are these people not supposed to be trained to do their job and get you the best deal possible, especially valued customers,  i have kept a transcript of the conversation but im not sure how the complaints procedure goes, i have since managed to upgrade succesfully without the help of an agent!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Got to agree with bandofbrothers.

I always do my own research you can't always trust others to do what's best for you even if its their job.

A simple mistake, lack of knowledge or even commission(not O2) will cost the end user a lot more than they need pay.

However con artists are out for themselves I don't see what this rep has to gain by defrauding you my friend.

Just be thankful you caught it and saved yourself money in the progress:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 11 of 27

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Guess the OP forgot that there is a 7 day period when they can return the contract for things like, oh finding another deal at better prices. 

Message 12 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

i do lots research before deciding, go in shops, look online, find a handset/deal i want & can afford, finde network suited to me then look at reviews then make my decision

Message 13 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

complete watse of time talking to you lot, what happened to the customer is always right and should expect the best possible service, oh wait why would a customer service agent be good at their job, people are saying do lots of research, i did !!!! and its a good job i did or i would be an extra £120 out of pocket,

Message 14 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok sorry, we were just trying o help, no need to be rude, if you feel that way, do what you want & good luck with it

Message 15 of 27

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The American idea of the customer is always right is a load of rubbish. Such a shame it came our way 😞

I agree you should of been offered the cheapest deal available but maybe the rep was new she may not have known. The computer may not have shown it.

Nothing's perfect and we can't expect it to be(except myself of course:D)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 16 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ever the optimist liquidSmiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

What do you want here?

You seem to have an over inflated sense of your own importance in deciding that O2 were trying to pull a fast one on you which is not true.

If the contract had gone through and you realised afterwards it could have been sorted out.

It's amazing that you didn't think to come here first and check the offer was right, yet you found the forum ok to try and make a big deal out of something which could be no more than a mistake.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 18 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

To the OP,

You made the effort to become a member on this forum and leave your new thread which in its own essence will obviously generate responses, which i assume is what you wanted.

Because those responses dont entirely fall within your expectations of 100% siding with your opinions, you decide to be rude.

As stuart says their is no reason to be rude.

We take time out of our own lifes to come here and help the best way we can giving advice and opinions in order to help.

Have a nice life.

Message 19 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I think the OP had a point in his opening post but strongly disagree with the wording of the thread title. I would expect to be offered whatever was on the website at the time and I would be a little annoyed if their offers fell short of that.

Lack of training, simple advisor error or whatever, it happened but to be rude to people who disagree is completely unnecessary. Just be thankful you had the foresight to spot a better offer but at least your post may help to prevent it happening to others.

Message 20 of 27