cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty retaining online access when switching from Pay Monthly to PAYG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I look like a 1st time poster, but I am actually not. I am just positing to vent my frustration after switching from Pay Monthly to PAYG.

My problem is with access to o2.co.uk and indeed this forum.

After switching my old login worked fine on o2.co.uk, but it would tell me that there is no number associated with it, so I couldn't get any info, old bills on o2.co.uk, also i couldn't post here. I tried registering my PAYG number (the same number) after switching, but it said email address already in use. I asked O2 if there was a way to delete this old account (which was basically useless as it contained no information) but they said no.

I spoke a few times with the O2 people on the O2 chat. I have just finished taklking to a guy/girl "Shefali" who told me that the "process" would mean that if I wait 90 days my old account would suddenly start working with my PAYG account. This sounds like nonsense to me, but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else ever hear this.

Why would it take 12 hours to switch a number from one SIM to another and Monthly to PAYG but 90 days to make the easier change on o2.co.uk?

very very frustrating, in the end I registered with a different email address, but just cannot see why this has to be so bad. Also it now looks like I've lost access to my forum user rejoyce and am now starting from scratch again...

rejocye1976 (formerly rejoyce)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Welcome back ill try to explain.

When you are a contract customer you are able to view your bills on line.

However when you move to PAYG, o2 are obbliged to leave your bills on line for you to still view. You may have an ongoing problem with a bill or waiting to hear from ofcom regarding a complaint. So this is the reason why the number just doesnt transfer from contract to PAYG.

I cant advise on the 90 day thing as thats a new one on me, however I can say that one of my old o2 PAYM that was converted to PAYG I also did have to create a new logon. However all i did was link them together which can be done and then just have one logon.

But other than that, there is no way round it and you have done right in creating a new loging with a new email address and I hope that the forum has answered your question and that you may now not have a problem with us?

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you send a PM to Leonard, Toby, or Abs one of them should be able to reinstate your old user name and posts.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi darrengf

I would see your point ONLY, while my old login still works for myO2, there is no information whatsoever when I login and I can't see any bills, it just says there is no number associated with my account. Useless! I had to request my final bill on the chat yesterday.

The guy I was speaking to on PAYG Chat basically wanted to fob me off with his "wait 90 days" trick. I told him explicitly that I did not believe what he was saying, some of the O2 staff are very poorly informed and make it up as they go along I think.

All I want is to be able to view my balance, calls etc with my old login. I only have 1 email address and this is what I like to login with on all sites I go to.

If anyone can help please let me know

rejoyce

Message 4 of 4