cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CON ARTIST AGENT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just tried to upgrade with the help of an agent (STELLA) through live chat so the conversation that followed was as such, i was offered a £31 tariff with 300 minutes + unlimited texts+ 1GB of data usage per month with a free samsung galaxy s3 mini,,,,, i had a quick check on the manual upgrade page because it did not seem correct, AND IT WAS NOT ,,,  i then informed the agent that i could get a £26 tariff with unlimited texts and minutes + 1GB of data usage + a free galaxy s3 mini,,,  i find this scandelous that this is going on, strange because ive always found o2 very good to deal with,,  if i hadnt been on the ball and didnt notice i was nearly being conned i would have paid an  extra £120 over the 24 month contract for a worse tariff, Now tell me if im wrong but are these people not supposed to be trained to do their job and get you the best deal possible, especially valued customers,  i have kept a transcript of the conversation but im not sure how the complaints procedure goes, i have since managed to upgrade succesfully without the help of an agent!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 27
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Wimbledrum you many want to update the thread to show as "resolved"

This should stop further replies.

Take care.

View solution in original post

Message 27 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If you want to complain here is o2's full complaints procedure

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I doubt that was little more than inefficiency, the CSA would have no reason at all to try and con you.

You would have had time to check it out and get it changed if you found out later.

A mistake yes, but I see no con trick here, why would they?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 27

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Very strange, they should at least be offering whatever is available online. I know not all deals are online but they should know exactly what the best offers are.

Message 4 of 27

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I hope it was pointed that the prices are going up in February too!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a feeling it wasn't but hopefully the op will tell us

Message 6 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to read about your recent experience.

Shows we are all human

"Con artist" seems a little harsh. 

To be fair if I was entering into such a long term commitment I would do my homework beforehand anyways to prepare myself for the conversation.

Message 7 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

the increase in price due in february has nothing atall to do with this, i was offered a lesser inclusive contract for more money , it is very simple

Message 8 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
so bandofbrothers basically your saying the customer should know the job better than the employee, hmmmm i have no problem whatsoever in calling someone who tries to charge me an extra 120 quid a con artist, seems to me the only one who didnt do their homework was the cs agent
Message 9 of 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

In my opinion it's not about knowing the job better than the employee it's doing a reasonable amount of homework beforehand so your just not solely relying on another human brings product knowledge.

I'm saying if I was entering into something that's set to cost me a few hundred pounds over a long period of time I would certainly want to know as much as possible and not rely on another party.
Message 10 of 27