cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bundle Help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm hoping someone can just clarify a few things in relatin to the O2 bundles as I am quite confused and can't seem to find any clear information to answer my questions.....

My daughter bought me a new phone a few weeks ago, which included a £20 bundle. We have looked at the various bundles that would be suitable for me going forward and I think I would be fine with a £10 bundle for my usage. 

So my first question is - Can I assign my payment card for this £10 to come out of my account monthly automatically? Or do I just call up/text every month to pay £10 which would renew my bundle?

Also - if I did have the £10 automatically deducted from my account every month, what happens if I hit my limit on my texts, calls or data on my bundle? Would it take money from my account for this?

Ideally I would like to pay my £10 per month for the bundle, and if I hit my limit I would like to add an extra £5 to tie me over or maybe renew my bundle early. I don't really want to spend more (or much more) that £10 per month. Equally - I don't want to end up with a bill that I wasn't expecting. 

I am not very knowledgable when it comes to mobile usage and I know I could easily do something that I would end up being charged a lot for without realising. 

Can someone please help to clarify all of this?

Thanks

Glo

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Bundle allowances are only able to be used in the UK.
You will need extra credit (money) on your phone to use when abroad.
Rates here http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Hi, firstly you need to call 4445 and register a credit or debit card.
Once registered, you can log into your "My O2" http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 and set up a recurring payment of £10 each month. This will automatically renew your bundle on your anniversary date.
If you run out of allowances mid month you can make a manual top up (card, voucher, ATM etc) and any usage will come out of this top up, but your bundle will not renew until your anniversary date.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Remember to change your curent bundle to the £10 version for 250 minutes, 1000 text and 500mb of internet.

To do this just text "10BUNDLE" to "21300" or call "4444" from your mobile.

Alternatively pop into store or request the change your tariff under the My O2 section of the website as detailed by @MI5
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

OK thanks very much for this info. 

In addition - I am soon going on holiday. Do you know if my bundle work abroad?

I don't want to do a lot, but would like to text my daughter and maybe sent her a couple of pics on Whatsapp. 

Also - possibly Skype (if I can figure out how to use it!). 

Thanks

Glo

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No usage is for the UK only.

Just switch off mobile data overseas and use wifi.

Message 6 of 10

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Bundle allowances are only able to be used in the UK.
You will need extra credit (money) on your phone to use when abroad.
Rates here http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks for your help. 

Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Anytime and if there is anything else you need, just ask slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions