cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited texts and I am charged for them

Anonymous
Not applicable
i have unlimited texts but on my resent bill I found I have been charged for some texts, funny is that on same day I had free texts to that number! Person was abroad but it shouldn't matter as far as I know.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your right, it shouldnt matter if that person is abroad, as long as its a UK number to get your free texts. Just to check, it hasnt converted it to MMS or anything has it? You'd probably be best to call customer service so they can check your bill

Message 2 of 9

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can check your bill in MyO2 to see what you have been charged for.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 9

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
If you've been aging emojis to your texts they can turn them into MMS messages which are chargeable..!

Could this be the cause?
Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Have a look at this help thread.....it tells you about texts MMS and the problems when you add an emoticon to a text...and texts should be free if to another UK or O2 number (dependent on your tariff)

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p/689503

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Normally always down to not understanding how adding smilies can convert to mms. Always turn on character count, tick warning when converting to mms and be very aware before a message is sent. Better yet use whatsapp or any of the free apps to send lengthy messages or picture messages or smiley faces. Everyone in this day and age has one or more of the free apps. Above all don't send group messages. 

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once u reach set amount of charecters sms converts to mms. Depending on ur phone model u can set a notification which signals when message converts. My galaxy s5 is set to vibrate as change occurs. Then its just a case of a quick edit to trim text to below max charecters. Good luck.

Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Yes my Samsung notifies me with a flash up message on screen

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous did you find out what was the reason behind the extra charge?
Message 9 of 9