Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner
Accepted Solution

Bolt Ons for Costa Rica

I have a 3Gb monthly contract and am about to travel to Costa Rica and Ecuador. Standard o/seas rates look expensive. What bolt ons are available to limit cost of calls in those countries?
Highlighted
Topics: 561
Solutions: 14,391

Re: Bolt Ons for Costa Rica

@Bodos There are no bolt ons available except a data allowance increase which will cost you more http://international.o2.co.uk/internationaltariffs/travelling_abroad 

The best thing to do is stay in contact via an app such as whatsapp used over wifi etc and keep the phone in airplane mode. 

You should also turn off voicemail before you leave the UK.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 576
Solutions: 3,926

Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

@Bodos Depending on how long your trip is, you might want to look into getting sims from local providers in those countries. Just make sure your phone is unlocked before you travel.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Thanks for your help - although the answer is rather disappointing given that I need to be accessible by phone!
Highlighted
Topics: 561
Solutions: 14,391

@Bodos Prior to the change to EU roaming, I always had a World Sim https://www.worldsim.com/ 

All my business contacts had the number or you could set a divert before you travelled.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)