cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry (Pay & Go)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I forgot my password for the O2 BIS web site as I only reenabled my Blackberry service after a year or so and it seems you use the existing (old) information as it wouldn't let me re-register. Actually I know it uses existing information as I used my new device PIN to retrieve my old password... or tried....

I clicked on forgot password and entered my Blackberry device PIN and then receive a message on my Blackberry (9900) stating "Your password is:" and the placeholder where the password is supposed to be is empty!!!

How can I retrieve my password?

There seems to be zero documentation on Blackberry O2 Pay & Go setup and most of it I had to work out for myself.

When I called Customer service they seemed not to grasp anything about the Blackberry bolt-on, stated they would pass me to the Blackberry team and the line went on hold for ever.

Thanks

Ed.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Can't scroll down as I simply get a message box and the OK is the only option.

Actually my email address isn't @godaddy.com but at @.....com but is hosted by godaddy, so I simly login as "ed@....com" with password at email.secureserver.net (and the settings for this when configuring manually are simply to prefix with imap. and smtpout. but I never can enter them anywhere).

I used to be able to configure them easily on the o2 bis site before I couldn't gain access!

Thanks
Ed

Message 11 of 22

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Maybe @Anonymous can throw some light on this then.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

You rang? Smiley LOL

Right @Anonymous , everything @aldaweb told you to do to manually enter the settings is correct. However, in some cases, I will provide the settings may not appear as has happened for you. To force this option to appear, enter an invalid email address such as user@domain.com as well as an invalid password. Don't use a valid domain name like @godaddy.com, literally type in user@domain.com or feet@toe.com or something else as random!

Make sure you re-type the correct email and password once the advanced settings are made available.  

Let me know how you get on!

P.s. I'm assuming you've got the latest version of OS7 on your phone? wink

Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW GUYS!

What can I say.... it WORKS!

Many many thanks for all your help I was beginning to despair (yes I use the latest BB OS7 version on my 9900).

I never ever would have thought of this on my own (which is sad considering I hold a PhD in Software Engineering slight_smile ).

All systems go! How I now love my Blackberry again!

Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

mrburns

Glad to be of service! slight_smile Hope you have fun with the 9900, its a great phone...although you really do need to step up to BB10 soon! wink

Message 15 of 22

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions
Glad we got you there in the end grin

Sent from my Z10

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 16 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I did have a z10 but had some issues
Didn't like no keyboard
But much more importantly no BIS.
Without BIS I found roaming far more expensive and email much more unreliable
BIS has enterprise level availability and offers great data compression that significantly reduces my roaming data bills
Also can get instant delivery of my gmail account within seconds as well as instantly via my 02 email address
Couldn't live without BIS!
Thanks
Ed
Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a good shout to be honest! The loss of BIs was a shock at first on my Z10, especially when I'm on the US as the data compression always sort of ensured I didn't get any nasty bills.

The touchscreen keyboard does take a bit of getting used to, and I do still find myself cursing at it because ofm y fat thumbs, but after playing with a Q10 last weekend I totally can't imagine going back to a physical keyboard haha!

I've had no problems getting Gmail on my Z10 though! :S

Ach, if you're happy with the 9900 then fire ahead, its a good phone in itself...and has actually just been re-released by BlackBerry in North America! slight_smile

Message 18 of 22

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi
Didn't like no keyboard
BIS has enterprise level availability and offers great data compression that significantly reduces my roaming data bills
Also can get instant delivery of my gmail account within seconds as well as instantly via my 02 email address
Thanks
Ed

If you are still using an O2 email account you need to migrate everything to a different account, maybe gmail as you already have one, as O2 email is closing.

Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@aldaweb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi
Didn't like no keyboard
Thanks
Ed

If you are still using an O2 email account you need to migrate everything to a different account, maybe gmail as you already have one, as O2 email is closing.

Hi there

How is that possible as the o2email.co.uk domain is used as part of your blackberry ID. If they close this they will disable your BIS id... and therefore you will not have the instant BIS email push service (I assume?).

Ed

Message 20 of 22