cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry (Pay & Go)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I forgot my password for the O2 BIS web site as I only reenabled my Blackberry service after a year or so and it seems you use the existing (old) information as it wouldn't let me re-register. Actually I know it uses existing information as I used my new device PIN to retrieve my old password... or tried....

I clicked on forgot password and entered my Blackberry device PIN and then receive a message on my Blackberry (9900) stating "Your password is:" and the placeholder where the password is supposed to be is empty!!!

How can I retrieve my password?

There seems to be zero documentation on Blackberry O2 Pay & Go setup and most of it I had to work out for myself.

When I called Customer service they seemed not to grasp anything about the Blackberry bolt-on, stated they would pass me to the Blackberry team and the line went on hold for ever.

Thanks

Ed.

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous  You are correct that site uses a different username and password combination from your blackberry ID. It was more for pre OS7 devices though.

However with a 9900 you should be able to set everything up on the handset.

What service are you having problems connecting to?

Some services such as BTconnect require manual input of server names, security settings and port numbers.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous 

Try entering your BlackBerry ID email address here: https://blackberryid.blackberry.com/bbid/recoverpassword/

That should then enable you to enter a new password.

if that doesnt work,let me know as there are a couple of other things you can try.

Alternatively...you can use a different email address for your Blackberry ID. I've had 3 BlackBerry's now and always created a new Blackberry ID for each of them.

Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

I tried this and I can change the password, but this account does nothing much and doesn't allow you to change e-mail parameters. I think it just sets blackberry ID/password and not O2 settings (which seem to encompass the email).

However this password (and username)  is different from that required on https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=o2mailuk

I need to be able to login to this to add/delete e-mail accounts that are more complex than the simple ones that can be setup on the device mail menu on the Blackberry (Bold 9900) itself.

On the link above I can request a password be sent to my device (as I know my old 'id' and it knows my new device as it is registered automatically, must be linked to my O2 account). However all it sends is a blank (missing) password!

The fact that O2 hasn't even got a setup page or instructions online for BIS services makes me realize this simply must not be of much interest to them. I had to do all by myself from internet research.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 22

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous  You are correct that site uses a different username and password combination from your blackberry ID. It was more for pre OS7 devices though.

However with a 9900 you should be able to set everything up on the handset.

What service are you having problems connecting to?

Some services such as BTconnect require manual input of server names, security settings and port numbers.

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous , apologies, I thought it was your Blackberry ID password that you couldn't reset.

However, as @aldaweb has correctly stated, you don't need to access the O2 BIS site on OS7. You can do everything you need to on the phone itself, including entering specific settings for email accounts.

Can you tell us what it is exactly that you want to do and hopefully we can help without you trying to get access to the BIS site?

Thanks

Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
Trying to use a godaddy email
Needs custom imap and smtp servers
does not work with the setup on the blackberry device
Many thanks!
Ed
Message 6 of 22

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Enter the settings manually ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 22

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@AnonymousTry this:

1. Open setup
  2. Goto email accounts and 'add account' (if you have a non working godaddy account delete that first)
  3. from the list select 'Other'
  4. If your email is eg scud@godaddy.com enter user@godaddy.com as username and any password
  5. You will get 'authentication failed' or 'invalid email address or password'
  6. click OK and then select 'I will provide the Settings'
  7. Then you should be able to enter your real email address and password and scrolling down from there fill in the correct login, imap and smtp servers, port numbers and security settings as required in the relevant boxes.
  8. Select Continue or Next and you should get the account confirmation screen.
  9. press Close and OK and it should now be working.

Let us know if this works for you.

From the settings here http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/4714/setting-up-your-email-address-with-imap use the SSL ports 993 for imap.secureserver.net and 465 for smtpout.secureserver.net

Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would do this but there is no option after processing to  "click OK and then select 'I will provide the Settings'"

After the "Processing..." box it simply says "Invalid email address or password. Verify your email address and password. If the error persists contact scudeast@godaddy.com"

I then click the blue OK box and it simply goes back to the email setup no option to provide settings, all I can do is return to the main email setup screen (which displays my valid accounts) or retry (and get the same message again).

My gmail and O2 blackberry email address work fine.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 22

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

That's the method I used when setting up a BT account that had migrated to a new platform, so don't know why you are not getting the option to provide settings. I don't have a BBOS7 device to check with here. Did you scroll down from the 'invalid email address or password message' ? (it maybe you don't click OK here)

Did you delete any old failed account?

Did you put User@godaddy.com instead of your own address? (btw if that's your real email above edit it to prevent it being harvested by bots).

Message 10 of 22