Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry email

JE
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have an o2 blackberry contract and am getting a new blackberry but don't want to use the o2 email address I was given. Ie I want to use a different email. Is the phone number only unique to o2, or is the email also? Or can I use an entirely different email and it still be on my same contract?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@JE  Your email address is what you use to log in to O2. I believe you can change that in your My O2 if you want to, or customer service can do it for you, and you can also use any other email client and address for other email.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@JE  Your email address is what you use to log in to O2. I believe you can change that in your My O2 if you want to, or customer service can do it for you, and you can also use any other email client and address for other email.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@JE  

O2 no longer support the old Blackberry BIS and the latest Blackberry devices run android. 
Your old BIS account will continue to work for email only but you can assign any email account you wish and it will still work. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
Equally, O2 dispensed with their e-mail service some years back as well, @JE - an e-mail address of "user@o2.whatever" is no use if you can't use it to send or receive e-mail.
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
Good point @pgn.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

JE
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you for the helpful replies, this is exactly what I needed to know. Much appreciated.
Message 6 of 6