cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry(R) Text and Web - need Blackberry Bolt-on?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My BB does not receive/send emails

I have a Pay & go "Blackberry Text and Web" tariff

(still 500mb unused at this time)

My phone has no Host Routing Tables (completly empty!), and all searches seem to indiquate is that there is no "Blackberry plan" for the account

Now do i need to add the extra Blackberry Bolt-On to get HRTs? 

I wish NOT to wipe the phone and need to reactivate with our BES in Canada.

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Which brings me back to the original question : Does the "Blackberry" bolt-on gives BES access ? (not BIS as per Blackberry Text and Web Tariff)

Its late and was just checking this befoer I go to bed, but I don't believe that the BlackBerry bolt-on will give BES access. You already essentially have the bolt-on because your tarrif is "BlackBerry Text and Web". I think for BES to work it needs to be set on your account by O2.

Best idea is to speak to O2, not live chat, and see what they say. 

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Have you registered for BIS and tried resending the service books?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot use BIS (restricted by BES server)

Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

and by no HRT, no internet, no BIS.

Message 4 of 16

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Can your BES admin not assist you?

maybe one for @Anonymous 

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, sending service books was done from the server.. but no internet = no transfer of service books to the phone.. is a Wipe the only thing possible? 

Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd try connecting to BDM first and see if that helps....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

bdm?

Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
or is it BBDM, lol ?
Blackberry desktop manager.....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its BBDM :smileywink::smileyhappy: That might work if you have a previous backup of the device, to be honest.

I'm not 100% on BES as I've only had limited exposure, but if it was setup by a BES administrator it's probably going to be locked down so you can't do much with it...and that may affect things like your access to the Host Routing Tables and Service Books....and being allowed to use BBDM!

A couple of things running through my head...but I need the answers to these first haha:

* Can you make calls and send texts?

* Do you get 3G, or GPRS connection?

* Can you connect to WiFi?

Was this phone provisioned previously in BES?

* Were you getting your work emails?

* Did you have access to internet and personal email accounts?

As for the BlackBerry Text and Web, this should give you access to BIS. Have you done the obligatory battery pull? Have you tried removing and reinserting the SIM card?

I have a sneaky suspicion that you may have to do a security wipe to get this working again (if it previously worked) so that it removes all of the BES profiles, and then get your BES Admin to reprovision the phone, but if you can connect to Wifi then all may not be lost!

Something in my head is also telling me that you might need to have BES enabled on your PAYG account...but not sure how that would work.

Sorry for all of the questions!

Message 10 of 16