cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit confused after an upgrade re: Order status

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi people,

Thursday morning I upgraded my phone + contract, and got moved onto this refresh contract (also got a price match on the phone), everything seemed fine at the time and I was very happy. In part of the emails I noticed it stated orders could take up to 6 days to arrive, which I thought was odd as I wasn't asked if I wanted a certain delivery option such as the day for it to arrive (which I'm pretty sure you used to be able to do, has this gone now?)

Anyway, that evening, I got a text stating:
"Sorry it's taking longer than we hoped to send your order. We're still expecting more stock soon. We'll text you again as soon as we have a delivery date."

Which was somewhat suprising as I hadn't been told of any stock issue when ordering the phone (Do the retentions staff at O2 even have access to stock info?)

I also got an email saying "thanks for your order" etc. etc. and said to check the progress of you order click this link, but the link just sends me to a page saying sorry your help session has an error, if I check the order via my02 it just states in progress (not v helpful).

So I emailed customer services and did a webchat. The guy on the webchat checked and said the order was "awaiting dispatch" and I'd have it in 24-48 hours (the email came back saying oh i see you chatted with someone so I don't think I need to answer your question anymore).

Assuming I'd get a text giving me a delivery date I waited. It's now been all day so I rang customer services this time. The lady was very helpful but just said the same thing. It's awaiting dispatch still, and for some reason doesn't have a consignment number (which apparently is odd?) and was advised to just ring back tomorrow.

Does anyone have an idea what's going on? I hope I'm just being paranoid / impatient, but it sounds like something odd is happening, texts that contradict advice given, no concrete idea of what's happpening with my order or when it may arrive. A phone contract is a big deal for me so I suppose I'm a little anxious.

Sorry for the mass of text. Is it usual for a phone to be "awaiting dispatch" for a whole day whilse texts are sent out saying it isn't in stock, after you just ordered it, and then not have a consignment number (though i don't even know what that's for, assuming to do with delivery) and the email links for tracking to fail?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Quick update: got an email stating my order was now being processed (even though this was the order status before?) so hopefully this means new stock's come in and S4's will be getting sent out today. Will update again if I get a dispatch notice.
Message 11 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fingers crossed.

Watch the Status closely as they are prone to change !
Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to see how we got on with this?

I ordered mine on Saturday, same message on myO2 order status and same text saying out of stock on Monday. No change today either?!

What's going on?!

Message 13 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rang again, told still awaiting stock and given a Thursday date today.
Getting ridiculous now, feel like I'm just being told anything to keep me waiting and get me off the phone.
Again ill update as soon as it changes
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Update: my phones been dispatched, and should be here tomorrow morning. Took the morning off work so I hope it comes in the time stated.

Hopefully this means you other guys should have yours coming soon too.

(Now my iphone data seems to have been disabled, but I think it may be to do with moving to the other phone / tariff)
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mines being delivered today, although i'm not there!

I think you can arrange to collect from UKMail.

Message 16 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Delivery came within times stated, phone is great, happy puppaz
Message 17 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Delivery came within times stated, phone is great, happy puppaz

Good news, thanks for the update :smileyhappy:

Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would suggest you put in a complaint via O2's complaint process. I did this when i was given duff information by the web chat people, and the complaints department called me a couple of days later and gave me credit to the value of my first month's rent (£72!)
Message 19 of 19